Sunday, March 27, 2016

 

When you Don't Know Where You Are

The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind. ~ Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Scripture:
Let me live that I may praise You, and may Your laws sustain me. I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek Your servant, for I have not forgotten Your commands. Psalm 119:175-176 (New International Version)

Have you ever been in a place mentally where you didn’t understand your own state of mind? Your thoughts are confusing, you have a sense of loss, suddenly not knowing or understanding your purpose in this life. You just can’t seem to get it together.

I find that when I don’t spend time in the presence of God or at the very least, study the word of God, I will find myself at that place. Not understanding why I feel bad or why things aren’t going right in my life are but a few of the symptoms I might be experiencing. I become withdrawn, unable to communicate my thoughts and feelings because I’m not sure what they are. 

Saints of God, partaking of the Word of God and spending time in his presence is a necessary part of life if we are to sustain our spiritual life and grow. The word of God says man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.

Not feeding our faith causes us to feed those negative things in our lives.

Be blessed and be blessing

Prayer:
God, sometimes I lose my way and forget where I am. There are moments when the burdens of life tend to get me down. I suffer in the late night hours, crying tears of anguish, beseeching You to take away my burdens. I sometimes pray for a mate, not realizing that I must first develop a relationship with You. I want more for my family and don’t realize that we have more than most. Forgive me Lord, for my selfish spirit. Father, I come asking for the patience of Job, the faithfulness of David, and the commitment of Paul. I pray that You would forgive me for feeding my fears instead of my faith. Help me Lord, to be still and listen for Your voice alone. Lord, I ask that You would answer the prayers of my brothers and sisters in Christ. Lord, I don’t know all of their needs, but you do. Some have not the strength to endure. Strengthen them Heavenly Father, speak a word into their spirits so that they too would be encouraged. Thank You father for Your many blessings. Thank you Lord for the death and resurrection of Your son, Jesus Christ. It is in His name we pray, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?