Sunday, January 24, 2016

 

Learning to Pause

Learn to pause ... or nothing worthwhile will catch up to you. ~ Doug King
 
Scripture:
I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:1-3 (New International Version)
 
So often we find ourselves running through life, going from one place to another in search of something or someone that will fulfill us and make us happy. We start as children sprinting into our teenaged years. Looking for our next milestone, thirteen, sixteen, eighteen and then finally, twenty-one; expecting something miraculous to happen that will change our lives. We can’t wait until we are grown and on our own.
 
Then we find ourselves in search of love; looking for that special someone who will fulfill all of our fairy-tale dreams in the hopes of living happily ever after. In the meantime, we run towards the right education, job, car, neighborhood, and the world around us continues to churn, as we search for the things that are supposed to make us content.
 
Somewhere down life’s road, we begin to realize that neither people nor things can truly fulfill us or make us happy. So we often find that we have been running around in circles, searching, waiting, wondering, when will it happen for us.
 
We find ourselves so busy running after things, that we forget to just pause and appreciate where we are right now. I often reflect back on “The good old days” when life seemed to be less complicated and realize that I am the one who complicated it looking for that “something” to complete me. It wasn't until I realized that the only thing that could truly complete me was God that I learned to pause and live in the moment.
 
So my friends, today I urge you to pause and let something good catch up to you.
 
Be blessed and be a blessing
 
Prayer:
Father, too often I found myself looking for that something or someone that I thought would make me happy. I looked high and low but couldn’t find it anywhere. It wasn’t until You found me that my life began to change. Thank You Lord, for finding me in the slimy pits of life. Thank You father for placing my feet on solid rock, giving me a firm place to stand. Thank You Lord for reaching down and reaching out Your hand to me. Lord, thank You for loving me enough by giving me the gift of eternal life through Christ Jesus. Now Lord, I ask that You would continue to bless those who come seeking a word of encouragement. Speak to our hearts Holy Spirit. Helping us to always be mindful to pause, and enjoy the moment in Christ Jesus. We love You Lord, we bless Your name. We give thanks, glory, honor and praise; in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?