Sunday, February 01, 2015

 

I Won't Complain

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. ~ William Arthur Ward

Scripture:Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived. But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them2 Timothy:3 12-14 (NKJV)


Personally, I love the word of God. I love to hear the word, for myself. I love to read the word, for myself. And I love reading and hearing the word preached by others. Every now and then, I read or hear about someone teaching something about the word that just isn't true.


Unfortunately, you hear about some who teach that if something bad happens to you, you deserve it. If something goes wrong in your life, you deserve it. If you lose your job, your finances, your spouse and/or anything else, you must have done something wrong and you are reaping what you sowed.


Sometimes, even we as Christians will say things to make people feel as though they deserve the trials and tribulations that come against them. Not long ago, I heard a story about a preacher who refused to help someone in his own congregation who was faced with financial difficulties. This man of God said "The church didn't get you into your mess, so it's not up to the church to get you out."


Now let me preface this with, this is hearsay, and I would pray that no church leader would actually say something like that to someone who has come to them seeking help. It is our duty; no it is our responsibility to help others, and not just our immediate families and friends.


Saints of God, as Christians, trials and tribulations will come against you. Things will happen to you that sometimes just don't make any sense. We can be doing well today and lose it all in the blink of an eye. Just like Job. It is up to each and every one of us to remain faithful and stand on the word of God.


Just like the song says; b
ut when I look around And I think things over All of my good days Outweigh my bad days I won't complain. 

Be blessed and be a blessing


Prayer:
Father, Thank You for Your word. Even though trials and tribulations come against me and sometimes it seems as though I can't hold on any longer, Your word sustains me. Lord, we know and recognize that life will come against us and that there will be both good and bad times, but we know that You are with us even when it seems all hope is gone. Thank You Lord, for keeping me. Father, continue to touch, bless, heal, anoint, deliver, strengthen and comfort Your saints for whom we pray. Continue to cover us under the wings of Your salvation. Thank You Lord. Bless You Lord, as we pray in the name of Jesus, Amen.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?