Tuesday, October 29, 2013

 

Your Happiness is not an Option

Remember, when one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. ~ Helen Keller

Scripture:
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 (New International Version)

Have you ever run into people who are always angry at the world around them? They complain about everything; their job, their spouse, their finances? You say it’s a beautiful day and they will say it’s too hot. You like your boss, they hate them. I mean, nothing and no one pleases them. You see them coming and just want to run the other way? Are you one of those people? Are you the type of person who tends NOT to see the good in anything?

I realized a long time ago that it was not up to anyone else to make me happy. The choice is mine. Every day you have a choice: Will it be a good day or a bad one? It really IS up to you. You can't control the external circumstances of your life; the bad news, the interruptions, the unexpected problems, various quandaries, etc., but you can control your response to them.

Not long ago, I spoke with a friend who has been diagnosed with cancer. Now this friend had been told by her doctors that she didn’t have very long to live. Rather than take to heart what the doctors said, her attitude is this; “I don’t care what the doctors say, I choose life.”

You see, my friend made a choice. Her choice was to fight back and live. My friend has such a beautiful spirit and she has always blessed me with it. Even when faced with her own mortality, she told me about how she uses her time at chemotherapy to testify to others who are there for the same treatment that she is. Rather than speak death and despair into her situation, she gives others hope by being a living testimony. To her, dying is not an option. Today, three years later; she is cancer free.

Remember, the power for happiness is in our hands, and no one else's.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, there were times this past week that I became weak. Forgive me. I doubted Your word and Your promises. Forgive me. I allowed satan to deceive me with his lies. Forgive me. I wanted to give up, but You wouldn't let me. Thank You Father for keeping me once again. Lord, I come boldly before Your throne of grace. Your word says that You give strength to the weary, so I ask that You would strengthen those who may be weary. Bless us Lord with Your presence, that our hearts might be encouraged. Help us to remember Your faithfulness and Your love that we might stand in faith against the issues that face us. I bind the schemes of the enemy to tear me down, and I rebuke the spirits that have been assigned to harass me. I ask You Lord to minister fresh strength and joy to me. I agree with Your word, that says, Your plans for me are to give me hope and a future. Father, bless my sister and cover her in the blood of the lamb. The blood that heals, strengthens and protects Your saints. I ask that You would bless all of Your saints reading this prayer. Let it be so Lord Jesus, according to Your will. I pray in Your mighty name, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?