Wednesday, September 11, 2013

 

If You Can Still Hope

If you are reduced to God being your only hope, you are in a good place. ~ Jim Laffoon

Scripture:
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Psalm 33:20-21 (New International Version)

Many people believe that hope is a useless emotion. They believe that hope is a thing that fairytales are built on. Hope is the innate ability to believe that something can happen out of nothing. Hope is defined as to want or expect something: to have a wish to get or do something or for something to happen or be true. It is a feeling that something desirable is likely to happen. What I have learned is that hope is necessary part of our existence.

Hope; like the air that we breathe and the water that we drink sustains us so that we can live to fight another day. Where there is no hope, the people perish. Hope is akin to faith. Neither can be seen but that doesn’t lessen the importance of either in our lives. Hope like faith is our ability to see beyond the natural and trust in the supernatural abilities of God. Hope like faith is the knowledge that there is something greater than what we can see, hear, feel and taste. Hope and faith are both roads that lead to God.

When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." Hope begins in the dark; the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.

The bible is a book of hope. It teaches us that no matter what you are going through, God is still in the midst of it all. It teaches us to see beyond the natural and to lift up our eyes toward the heavens where He resides.

Remember, Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence.

Be blessed

Prayer:
Father, there were times this past week that I became weak. Forgive me. I doubted Your word and Your promises. Forgive me. I allowed satan to deceive me with his lies. Forgive me. I wanted to give up, but You wouldn't let me. Thank You Father, for keeping me once again. Lord, I come boldly before Your throne of grace. Your word says that You give strength to the weary, so I ask that You would strengthen me Lord, for I am weary. Bless me Lord with Your presence, that my heart might be encouraged. Help me remember Your faithfulness and Your love that I might stand in faith against the issues that face me. I bind the schemes of the enemy to tear me down, and I rebuke the spirits that have been assigned to harass me. I ask You Lord to minister fresh strength and joy to me. I agree with Your word, that says, Your plans for me are to give me hope and a future. Father, protect Your saints against the spirit of depression during these perilous times. Let it be so Lord Jesus, according to Your will. I pray in Your mighty name, Amen!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?