Monday, May 13, 2013

 

I Lost a Good Friend Today

If I die, don't cry. Look at the sky & say goodbye.

Scripture:

Jesus Wept. John 11:35

I lost a good friend today. She was like a sister to me. We met many years ago while we both were in high school. Funny, I don’t remember much about that time, only that we met and became friends. She was outgoing and friendly, while I was rather shy. It didn’t matter. She was still a great friend.

Then like high school friends do, we drifted apart and went our separate ways. Several years and two marriages later; one for her and one for me, we reconnected at a local television station and continued our friendship as if no time had elapsed since our first meeting. Except this time, we both had children and our sons who were only two months apart, became friends as well. I lost a great friend today.

Then, my marriage fell apart and I began to flounder. There she was, standing on the sideline, willing to hold my hand and be my friend when so many others decided that I was no longer a part of the married club and revoked my card. She would stand with me and my children even when it felt like others had deserted me, there she stood, willing to lend a hand and a shoulder to cry on. She refused to let me go. I lost a good friend today.

Even when she came to me and told me of her illness, she continued to be my friend. She loved me through all my selfishness, tears and tantrums. She didn’t want others to know of her illness for fear of them treating her differently. She wanted people to know and love her simply because of who she was and not pity or protect her because of her illness. I lost a good friend today.

She went home to be with her mother and her father. Her Sister will be there too. She will see other family members and well as old friends. I lost a good friend today, but God gained another Angel.

Prayer:
Jesus wept.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?