Tuesday, May 29, 2012

 

When Bad Things Happen

Bad Things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can be immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself. ~ Walter Anderson

Scripture:
For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath. Deuteronomy 4:31

Saints, Things happen in life that seem overwhelming. It may be a car accident, a robbery, a fire or the loss of a job. Sometimes when these things happen, we have a tendency to want to dwell on the "what could have happened". We could have been killed, we could have been home, we could have been gone. They could have kept me and put me in another job.

Well my brothers and sisters let me tell you what did happen. Yes, you were in a car accident, but you walked away. Yes you was robbed at gunpoint, but you walked away. Yes you loss some furniture and have to make some home repairs, but you are still here to talk about it. Yes, you lost your job, but you still have a roof over your head and food on the table.

When bad things happen, they are defining moments in our lives. How we react to our situations, both good and bad are what defines us all as individuals. Saints, bad things will happen in your life. It's just a part of living. Stuff Happens!

But rather than dwell on your losses, praise God for your victories!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, Thank You for my victories. Thank You for allowing us to walk away from situations where we could have died. Thank You Lord, for placing Your hedge of protection around us. Thank You Lord for saving us in situations when we didn't even realize that we were in harms way. Lord, I ask that You would continue to keep each and every saint that is represented here, in perfect peace. Lord, today someone will be faced with a difficult decision. I ask that You would give them a spirit of discernment. Someone will have to let a loved one go. We ask that You would comfort them and allow their loved one to leave in peace. Father, give us the courage to stand on our faith, to let go and let You take control. Lord we love You. We praise and thank You for our victories, both large and small. We ask that You would magnify Your power and Your presence in our lives today and that You would continue to bless each and everyone of our brothers and sisters. In Jesus name, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?