Wednesday, May 16, 2012

 

My Wake Up Call


Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” ~  Dalai Lama XIV



Scripture:

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people.  Ephesians 1:17-19 New International Version (NIV)



Last Friday, I woke up in a funk.  I don’t know why I was having a mood, I just knew I did.  There was no one thing or incident going on in my life to cause my disposition, but for some reason I just felt irritated.  It was just “One of Those Days!”

I did what I always do on a work day; I woke up, got dressed and drove to my job.  As I settled into my daily routine, my mood did not improve.  If anything, I was irritated that I was being pulled in a few different directions all at the same time. 

Suddenly, my cell phone rang and I recognized it as one belonging to my healthcare provider. The cheerful voice on the other end of the phone simply said; “Ms. Moore, Dr. Miller wants to schedule your six month MRI follow-up to your brain surgery.”  Suddenly it hit me, six months ago; I was in the hospital having surgery to repair two cerebral aneurysms in my head.  Talk about a wake-up call.

Far too often we get so caught up in our day to day lives, that we fail to see just how blessed we really are.  I realized that not only was I alive and functioning, but I was being blessed beyond all that I needed.  Not only did I have my health and strength, but I had a job to go to and family and friends to fellowship with.  I was humbled as a realized that it is only by God’s grace that I am who I am and that I am here today.

I was reminded never to get so caught up in where I am that I fail to see where I have been.

Be blessed

Prayer:

Father God, I come before the throne of Grace asking that You would forgive me for taking my blessings for granted.  Lord, I ask that You would overlook my faults and that You would grant me fresh grace and mercy. I sometimes forgot just how blessed I truly am.  I thank You for my health and strength.  I thank You for my job.  I thank You for family and friends.  I thank You for the Blood of the Lamb.  The blood that renews, revitalizes and regenerates.  I thank You Lord, for loving me even when I forgot about You.  Lord, I ask that You would continue to watch over our families and friends and that You would place Your hedge of protection securely around us all.  We ask and pray these and all things, in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?