Wednesday, April 25, 2012

 

Count it All Joy!

Joy is a mystery because it can happen anywhere, anytime, even under the most unpromising circumstances, even in the midst of suffering with tears in its eyes.

Scripture:
Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:4-5 (NKJV)

Joy is more than just a word. Joy is an emotion that everyone would like to experience at some level. Many believe that joy can only be found in the greatest of life’s moments. However, many more will tell you that joy can be found in those little moments that are always so unexpected.

As a parent, my children have given me some of my greatest moments of joy. The moment that I first laid eyes on them, filled me with a joy so powerful, words couldn’t even begin to explain. And with each accomplishment they achieved, once again I would experience unspeakable joy.

When I fell in love, just spending time with that special person fills my heart with joy. The simple things that we do together are joyous because I enjoy those moments of happiness that spring from simply being in each other’s company bring.

Even when my heart is heavy, I can go to church and receive a word from that man or woman of God that I know was meant just for me that renews my spirit and fills me with a new sense of joy, hope and happiness. What many of you may not know is that I work at a funeral home. I see families broken by the death of a loved one. The tears are many but so is the joy and laughter. The tears are caused by grief and the laughter is generated by sweet memories and love. And for those family members who know that their loved one has gone home to Christ, they rejoice in the knowledge that their loved ones are at peace AND in joy with the Lord.

So no matter what you are faced with remember, weeping may endure for a night, but JOY comes in the morning.

Be blessed

Prayer:
Father, when trouble comes my way, help me to learn to trust in You. Lord, sometimes we forget that You are our ever present help in the time of trouble. Thank You Lord, for being there when we need You. Lord, when we begin to falter and start to worry about our problems, help us to remember to be still and pray. When the problems of life seem to overwhelm us, help us to remember You are right there with us. God help us to realize that weeping may endure for a night, and that sometimes it is necessary for trouble to assail us so that we can see You power and Your glory, manifested in our lives. Lord, We ask for strength today. The strength to stand and fight the good fight of faith yet another day. Lord, grant us peace today. Your peace that passes all understanding. Lord, fill our hearts with Your love. Your love that is not our selfish definition, but the love of Christ Jesus, that strengthens us. Now Lord, we come together on one accord to pray for one another. For no matter how heavy our cross seems, we recognize that we are blessed beyond our own imaginations. Bless our brothers and sisters in Christ. Bless our loved ones who have not come to know You yet. But most of all, we Bless Your holy name. In Christ Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?