Wednesday, November 02, 2011

 

Where Have All the Children Gone?

There is nothing more precious to a parent than a child, and nothing more important to our future than the safety of all our children. ~ President Bill Clinton

Scripture:
When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. ~ Mark 10:14 (New International Version)

Monday just minutes before arriving home from work, a teenaged boy in my neighborhood was shot four times and left for dead. A couple of years ago in this same neighborhood, another fifteen year-old boy had been led, naked, out to an abandoned field and shot in the back of the head by his father. Earlier on that same day, I heard that a mother was charged in the death of her five year old daughter whom the mother had sold into prostitution for drugs.

As I have mentioned before, I work at a funeral home and it has become far to commonplace. Unfortunately, even my own family has been touched by this same type of violence that is threatening to destroy a whole generation.

Saints, I am heartbroken as I sit here and write about these atrocities being perpetrated against these babies. To make the crimes even more horrific is the fact that in some of these cases, the pain they suffered was at the hands of their own parents; their very own flesh and blood. But to me the saddest thing of all is there is no public outrage. People hear about these things, say they are a shame or maybe even shed a tear but do absolutely nothing about it.

Have we become so desensitized that we shed one lone tear and keep it moving? I am a single mother of two boys. My youngest son was outside on the porch next door when his friend was shot just two streets over. There were times when they made me so angry I may have felt like killing them or throwing a skillet at their heads, but the love I have for my babies far outweighs any desire I may have to ever cause them harm.

Our children are precious gifts from God. We are failing our children when we don’t take them to the alter and introduce them to God. Satan is after our children and here we are just giving them away.

I look around me at our children today and ask; where has the village gone?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Jesus Wept.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?