Sunday, September 04, 2011

 

Trouble Don't Last Always

Remember, Trouble is a part of your life, and if you don't share it, you don't give the person who loves you a chance to love you enough. ~ Dinah Shore

Scripture:


After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before. All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted and consoled him over all the trouble the LORD had brought upon him, and each one gave him a piece of silver and a gold ring. Job 42:10-11 (New International Version)

I have often noted that when we are going through trials and tribulations, many of us are unwilling to let our family and friends know about it. Personally, I know that pride has kept me from sharing my bad times with others, even my sisters, whom I am very close to. I usually won’t tell others about my bad days unless I have no other choice.

I know people who are suffering with terminal illnesses, unemployment, cheating spouses and one of the biggest culprits of trouble, financial difficulties. So many are ashamed to admit that there is something wrong in their lives.

I have heard people say; “I don’t want anybody to feel sorry for me” or “I don’t need anybody’s help, I can do it on my own.” The most popular saying among Christians is; “God will provide.”

Now I know that there are some people who will try to take advantage of down situations and to be honest, we really don’t need to have those types of people in our lives to begin with. However, I also know of situations where there are people who would help, if they only knew.

The fact of the matter is that so often our egos or our pride can hinder us as we try to overcome our problems. We pray to God to send us help, but when it arrives, we turn it down for fear of seeming weak or unable to handle our own affairs.

Saints of God, no, trouble don’t last always. But in the mean time, learn to accept a helping hand.

Be blessed

Prayer:
Lord, we come before the throne of grace once again to thank you. Lord, we have so much to be grateful for and sometimes we just forget why. We thank You for waking us up, keeping us warm, keeping us safe, and proving all of our needs. We thank You most of all for Your word and for Your son, Christ Jesus. Father, we thank You for those friends who only want the best for us. We thank You Lord, because You give fresh grace and mercy each and every day. Thank You Lord, for my children. Lord, thank You for my friends who constantly encourage me when I am down and catch me before I fall. Thank You father for never giving up on me, even when I wanted to give up on myself. Lord, we just want to give You the praise and honor that You deserve, because You gave us the forgiveness that we didn't deserve. Keep us all in perfect peace and place Your hedge around us and Your word in our hearts. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?