Wednesday, September 07, 2011

 

Living In a Ball of Confusion

Sometimes in our confusion, we see not the world as it is, but the world though eyes blurred by the mind.

Scripture:

He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, he burns the shields with fire. "Be still, and know that I am God; Psalm 46:9-10

How many of you are familiar with a song called "Ball of Confusion", by the Temptations? It was a song from the seventies; for those of you too young to remember, that talked about the condition of our world. Wrong kinds of conditions.

Some of the lyrics talked about war, drugs, hate, segregation, and a multitude of other situations. "Round and around and around we go where the world's headed, nobody knows." Many of the same problems and situations still exist today.

As some of you know, I like to write. A very interesting tool that I use is called "the reverse dictionary lookup. What you do, is type in a phrase or concept that you are trying to find a word for. I typed in ball of confusion, and interestingly, some of the words that came back were; mess, interference, bewilderment, turmoil, mayhem, upset, and the list went on and on.

Sometimes we find that our lives are caught in a ball of confusion. There is confusion all around us. We find that our lives are a mess, we are lost and bewildered. We live tumultuous lives; there is mayhem all around us. We are constantly upset, and the band played on.

Saints, when there is confusion all around us, we can't hear the word of God. When there is turmoil and mayhem all around us, we tend to take our minds off God. When we are bewildered and upset, we can't be in tune to what God is trying to tell us.

Saints of God, when you find yourself caught in a ball of confusion, find yourself a quiet place. Even if you have to go hide in a closet. Tell satan to "shut up and get out of my way. Focus on the word of God, not on your problems. Concentrate on the Promises of God. Turn those very same problems over to God. He has said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." "we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. "The LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

And finally he say; ""I am the LORD , the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Be Blessed

Prayer:

Lord, we come before Your throne of grace seeking peace. We come kneeling before You today, seeking the restoration of our quiet time with You. Lord, so much is going on around me that I need to just stop and spend some time with You. Lord, I will keep my mind and my eyes staid on You today. I will leave my problems, my situations, all of the confusion and the mess of my life, on the altar of sacrificing. I will not listen to the negative words that are spoken in my life today. I will seek only Your love, Your comfort, Your strength and Your joy. These are the things that You have already given me if I would just take a moment to find them in Your word. Your word which is the master plan for our lives. Your word that has all of the answers that we seek. Lord, I also have to stop and admit that much of the confusion around me I have allowed to happen. I have made wrong decisions and choices that have blocked me and prevented me from being in right relationship with You. Forgive me Lord, for my wrong choices. Deliver me Lord, from bad situations. Hold my hand Lord, as I find my way back to You. Thank You Lord, for being there when I need. You. Thank You for blessing and keeping me. Thank You for Your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?