Thursday, September 01, 2011

 

Let it Go and Leave it Behind!

Forgiveness means letting go of the past. ~ Gerald Jampolsky

Scripture:
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19

Saints, why is it when something is going bad, we start thinking about all the bad that has happened in our past? Why is it that when we get upset with someone, we think about how they made us angry in the past? Why is it that when we think we are failing, we think about all of the failures of our past?

Why is it that we often times remember the pain that old relationships have caused us when dealing with problems in our new relationships? Why is it that we can't forgive ourselves for our past and still beat ourselves up about mistakes that we made a long time ago? Saints, learn to leave the past where it belongs. In the past. Learn to forgive and move on. Learn to let go and move on. Learn to forgive yourselves for your past sins because God already forgave you the moment that you asked.

In today's word God speaks about letting go and seeing what he is doing in your lives right now! God's word speaks about how he is able to make a way in the desert and steams in the wasteland. In other words, he has the power to make a change in your lives no matter how desolate the situation seems to you if you would JUST LET IT GO AND LEAVE IT BEHIND!

But most of all, trust in Him and look ahead and not behind.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
El Shaddai, You who are All Mighty, all Powerful, my Savior and Lord. Take control of my life. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be. Father, help me to let go of my past and walk into my blessings of today. Lord, help me to let go of my sins of yesterday and embrace the forgiveness that You have in Your heart for me. Lord, I am weak. I seek Your strength and ask that You would help me to be still and listen to Your word so that I may be able to gather a renewed strength and purpose even in the wilderness. Lord, I am like Elijah, in a desert situation but know that my help and my blessings are still being provided by You. Thank You Lord. Lord, help me to let go and let God. Use me today Lord to be a blessing to someone else. Touch me Lord, just to let me know that You are still walking with me. Have mercy Lord, our needs and our afflictions are too many to name, but we know that You know what those needs are and we ask that You would bless us according to Your tender mercies. Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus, in whose name we pray. Glory Hallelujah, Praise God, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?