Wednesday, August 31, 2011

 

The Victory Can Be Yours

Remember, there are victories of the soul and spirit. Sometimes, even if you lose, you win. ~ Elie Weisel

Scripture:
For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory." Deuteronomy 20:4 (New International Version)

There are times when we feel as though we are fighting a battle that can’t be won. We become punch drunk from all the blows that life sends our way. We arise each and everyday to fight the good fight of faith. At the end of the day, we are delirious from all the hits that we have taken. We often ask ourselves, why. It would be easier to just give up and let the chips fall where they may.

Personally, I have a number of issues in my life that I often become frustrated about. There are certain aspects of my life that I want to change, but no matter how much I try, they don’t seem to be changing. I set certain goals, only for those goals to fall by the wayside. I become angry and depressed when the things I strive for never seem to manifest. I try and I try, praying along the way, all to no avail.

Yet, I refuse to give up. You see, I had an epiphany this morning. Life isn’t always about what I want. It’s more about what God wants for me. The things that I want for myself aren’t necessarily what’s best for me. I can’t always see it at the time, but God sees and knows all.

I found the above quote very interesting for a number of reasons. One, even when it appears that I have lost a battle, what I see isn’t necessarily what God sees. Sometimes we fight so hard to hang to a person or situation that we fail to see just how toxic it can be to us. Sometimes we strive to arrive at a place without realizing that God is not in that place. Sometimes by achieving what we think we want, we may be causing ourselves and the ones we love irrevocable harm.

So my brothers and sisters remember this; even when it appears we have lost the battle, the victory can still be ours.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, sometimes it seems as though I am fighting a never ending battle. Some days are filled with stress and strife. Sometimes, I become weary from the war that wages around me. I realize that sometimes it is I who has caused the war from within. Lord, help me to be strong and resist temptation. Help me to develop patience, perseverance and peace within. Father, as I pause to spend time with You, I ask that you would quiet the conflict that rages within me. When I am faced with trials and tribulations help me to be still and remain calm and turn control over to the Holy Spirit. It's Your spirit Lord, that dwells in me. It that same spirit that can give me rest if I would just succumb to it. It's in that spirit I can find peace, joy and contentment. It's in that Spirit that I can find the answer to the questions that plague me. Father, sometimes it seems as though satan’s entire army has come against me. But Your word tells me that no army can defeat me with the Lord on my side. Thank You Father. I know that as long as I follow You, I am on the right path. I also realize that as long as I follow You, satan will be there trying to discourage me. I rebuke the devil in the name of Jesus. I call upon the name of the Lord, and I will surrender my will to his and allow the Lord to fight my battles. Thank You Father for the power and authority that has been given to me through Christ Jesus. Lord, bless my family, friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. Keep me nearer God to Thee. Glory to God; Praise the name of the Lord. Hallelujah, Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?