Sunday, June 19, 2011

 

The Soul of a Man

There is a desire deep within the soul which drives man from the seen to the unseen, to philosophy and to the divine. ~ Kahil Gibran

Scripture(s):
The LORD God formed the man The Hebrew for man (Adam) sounds like and may be related to the Hebrew for ground (adamah) it is also the name Adam, from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. Genesis 2:7
The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. Genesis 2:18
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, for she was taken out of man. Genesis 2:22-23

One of the greatest mysteries that have plagued mankind since the beginning of time is man’s relationship to woman. Man was created to rule of the world and woman was created to be his helpmate. Over the course of time, somehow, the dynamics of the male female relationship have changed. What I mean by this is that somehow, we have become disconnected from this most divine plan.

The sanctity of the divine institution of marriage and family has been drastically altered. The number of single parent households led my woman has grown to epidemic proportions and the number of women trying to raise sons alone, myself included, is overwhelming. I myself, often find that I am at a loss when it comes to instilling in my sons what it really means to be a man.

Too many men have decided that raising their sons is not in their divine plans of life and this decision often leaves our young men to try to figure out this thing call “manhood” on their own. I love my sons dearly and unconditionally, but for reasons that escape me, I often find that their manhood is seriously undermined by their lack of a soul.
What I mean by this statement is that far too often, they are repeating the same mistakes of their fathers.

As a single Christian mother, I have tried to nurture their faith in God and teach them biblical principals. Unfortunately, when they start comparing the word of God to their everyday lives, they do not see this divine plan in action. I mean, how can they “honor their mother AND their father, when the father is often missing from the family dynamics. How can they see the man as the head of the family when the head has essentially cut himself off from the body it was meant to support?

I don’t profess to have the answers to this age old dilemma. However, I do know where I seek these answers, in the word of God. Ladies, I myself have chosen not to give up on my men in training. In spite of. I refuse to allow the world to define my sons’ vision of manhood. It is time that we tell the world, ENOUGH! I will continue to feed my sons’ the word of God. And who knows, they just might reveal to me the soul of a man.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Our Father, which art in heaven. Jehovah Jireh, my provider. Whatever name we choose to call You, we recognize that You are our most Heavenly Father. Lord, we come standing in the gap this evening for our sons who are trying to find their way in this world. So often they become confused by what thing both seen and unseen. Lord, we come asking that you would wrap your arms of protection securely around our sons and our daughters. Lord, we ask that You would place Your hedge of protection securely around them and guide them down this path called life. Bless all of the single mothers trying to raise their children alone. Speak to the hearts and minds of those fathers who are not involved in their children’s lives. Help us Lord, to raise our children in Your ways. Lord, bless us, keep us, and anoint us. We come glorifying and uplifting Your Holy name. Thank you Jesus, for the blood that cleanses us, protects us and sanctifies us. It is in Your name that we submit this prayer, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?