Monday, June 06, 2011

 

Leave it in the Past

Scripture:
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14

Saints, how many of you are still mad about something that happened yesterday, last week, or even last year? How many of you are still upset with someone because of something that they did to you in the past? How many of you are afraid to do something or go somewhere because of something that happened to you in your past?

Saints of God, we must learn to let go of our past fears, our past hurts, and even past slights. We must learn that what happened in the past is just that, in the past. Each and every one of us has had something bad happen to us in the past but we must learn to let go and let God. We must learn to forgive and move on.

How can we expect forgiveness if we won't forgive. How can we expect a healing if we continue to let a sore fester. How can we walk into our future is we won't let go of our past?

How can we expect God's light to shine in us when we are still holding on to a dark past?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, we come once again seeking your face. Father God, we come this morning to give thanks, honor and glory to you. Teach us Lord, to let go of those things that are behind us. Help us Lord, to walk into a new day that is filled with your fresh grace and new mercies. Lord, I am a sinner who is in need of forgiveness. Forgive me Lord for yesterday. Lord, let my thoughts and my words be a reflection of your word. Let my spirit be led by you alone. Father, search me Lord, remove those things in me that are not of you. Remove the anger, the hurt, the mean spirits that bind me and prevent me from walking in right relation with you. Fill me Lord, with your peace, your joy, your love and your spirit. Bind those things that prevent me from moving forward into your marvelous light. Have mercy on your saints today. Heal our sick. Deliver us from evil. Strengthen those who are weak, encourage those who are without hope. Help us always to be mindful of that it is by your word and your spirit that we will be victorious in Christ Jesus. Thank you Lord. Bless your name. Praise God from whom all our blessings flow. In the mighty name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?