Sunday, April 24, 2011

 

Pick up Your Cross

I have always believed that God never gives a cross to bear larger than we can carry. No matter what, he wants us to be happy, not sad. Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't we? ~ Rose F. Kennedy

Scripture:
And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. Luke 14:27

Do you sometimes wonder why your life seems so hard? Do you ever wonder why it seems as though you go from one bad situation to the next? Do you ever wonder why it seems as though you are constantly under attack? Do you ever wonder why it seems as though you are living the word of God and going through, but you know people who know nothing about God's word and they seem to have everything?

Do you ever cry to out to God; "Why me Lord?" and he answers; "Why not you!"

One of the things that I like to share with new believers and share with those of you have been in the word for a very long time is this; When you were in the world and not in the word satan didn't care anything about you because he already had you. When you became a disciple of Christ, that's when he became concerned. That's when he started coming after you. That's when he started throwing everything he has at you.

Unfortunately, too many people think that once they accept Jesus Christ as their Personal Savior, life would get better. Too often we think that things aren't suppose to happen to us because we believe in the word of God. Too often we think that we aren't suppose to go through bad times, be sick, lose loved ones, suffer financially, have broken relationships and the list goes on and on.

If you look closely enough at the word of God it does tell you that each and every one of us will have our own cross to bear. Just like Jesus. Wait a minute, let me back up. Each and every Christian who has been charged with being one of his disciples, (and that is what every Christian should be, a disciple), will have their own cross to bear. Now while we are carrying our cross, satan will be throwing things, dropping bombs, creating chaos, troubling the waters and doing everything else to turn you away from God. He hates each and every one of us that much and wants to separate us from the love of God.

Satan knows that as long as we have God on our side, His Grace is sufficient. We can do all things through Christ Jesus. We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. No weapon formed against us can prosper. The Lord will provide.

I don't know about you, but I praise God for my cross because I'd rather carry my cross here on earth as one of his disciples and spend eternity with him, than to be fooled into believing that I can have it all here on earth and then spend eternity in hell with satan.

Be Blessed.

Prayer:
El-Elyon, Most High God , El-Shaddia, Almighty God, El-Olam, Everlasting God, Father, Abba, You who are my everything. Lord, sometimes we get weary and tired. There are days when life seems more than we can bear. There are nights that my pillow is covered in tears and it seems as though no one cares. Father, I have hidden Your word in my heart. I dwell and meditate on Your word night and day. I thank You Lord for Your word that strengthens me. Lord, You have said we can do all things through Christ Jesus. You have told us that You are with us always, even until the end of times. You are in the fiery furnace with us, on our ship that is caught in the storm, and in the valley of death. We don't ask that You come into our hearts and lives, only that You magnify Your presence. Touch us today, our minds, our hearts, our spirits, our very souls. Keep us in perfect peace. Strengthen us once again. Father, when I grow weary from the weight of my cross, empower me and order my steps so that I may continue down the path that You have chosen. Thank You Father. Thank You Lord. For the one who first carried my cross, Christ Jesus in his name we pray. Praise God, Hallelujah, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?