Sunday, March 27, 2011

 

There Is More to the Story

It’s so important for people who are hurting to know that the story hasn’t been finished. Things are terrible now, but there’s more to the story. ~ Dr. Richard Goodling

Scripture:
But Christ is faithful as a Son over God's house. And we are His house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast. Hebrews 3:6

Periodically, I go through serious bouts of depression. There have been times when it seems as though my world is crumbling all around me and nothing seems to be going right. People I depended on let me down and are critical of my efforts. Words meant to comfort only rub more salt into my festering wounds. Even my writings which usually bring me great joy and comfort are lifeless and meaningless.

It is at times like this I feel as though my story has come to an end. And then today’s quote reminded me, that it’s not. Things may seem terrible right now, but there is still more of my story to be written.

Sometimes life with throw you a series of curve balls and each time we come up to bat, we strike out. We become angry and frustrated which only seems to exacerbate our situations. Instead of focusing on the ball, or what is going right in our lives, we focus on how many times we have struck out.
We forget to focus on that one thing that can help us see the ball more clearly, the word of God.

When we focus on the promise and the victory that God has already given us through the death and resurrection of His Son, Christ Jesus, we realize there is more to each of our individual stories than meets the human eye. The word of God gives us the courage to step up to the plate, focus on the ball and try again.

Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is a little voice at the end of the day that says “I’ll try again tomorrow.”

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, we lift Your name on high. I will bless the Lord at all times and His praises shall continuously be in my mouth. From every mountain high and every valley low, we will uplift the name of God. We will sing songs of praise all the day long. Though he slay me, I will have hope in Him. Even when my enemies are camped all around, yet I will give Him the glory for my impending victory. Lord we sing songs of praise even when we can't speak. We say Glory, glory hallelujah, praise be to God, even when the tears begin to fall. Even as I lay on my bed of affliction, when friends and family have turned against me, when there seems to be no hope for my situation or circumstances I will shout from the mountain tops; HALLELUJAH, ANYHOW! PRAISE BE TO GOD, GLORY! GLORY! GLORY! BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD! Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?