Monday, March 07, 2011

 

Embrace Your Uniqueness

Remember, Embrace your uniqueness. Time is much too short to be living someone else's life. ~ Kobi Yamada

Scripture:
but my dove, my perfect one, is unique, the only daughter of her mother, the favorite of the one who bore her. The maidens saw her and called her blessed; the queens and concubines praised her. Song of Solomon 6:9 (New International Version)

As I think back to my childhood, I realize that many people thought me to be a bit strange. I was the type of child who would rather spend time with books than with people. Part of my reasoning was that books were my friends. Not so with all people.

My books didn’t judge me but rather offered a safe place of solace from what could be a cold and cruel world. I could find refuge in the pages of my books or travel to far away places that the other children had never heard of. My books could make me laugh, cry, and they even caused me to see the world outside of my own little neighborhood.

Even now, as I find myself in the throws of middle age, some people still think me to be a little strange. My family included. You see, I have moved beyond just reading books to writing them as well. I can often be found sitting in from of my computer into the wee hours of the morning, filling page after page with stories that make me laugh, make me cry, and see the world beyond my little own neighborhood.

And to make matters even worse, most of what I write is about God. Even my oldest son has asked why would I study religion as apposed to getting a degree in something more marketable like business or computer technology. He thinks I am wasting my time on a degree that won’t pay me as much as the others mentioned.

My answer to my son and to others is this; All of my life I have tried to please everyone else. My parents, my friends and even my associates. I had to reach the ripe old age of forty-something before I realized that the only ones I had to please, were God and myself.

So my friends, I embrace my uniqueness. It’s what make me happy. I urge you all to discover your uniqueness and embrace it as I have.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, I come before the throne of grace celebrating my uniqueness. Thank You Father for giving me the wisdom to recognize the gifts that You have bestowed upon me. Thank You Lord, for allowing me to celebrate You in the things that I do. Lord, I pray that someone will read this message and see this prayer and realize that there is great rejoicing and celebrating in uplifting the name of Jesus. We are not placed here on this earth to please others, our mission is to please and serve only You. Thank You Father God for that honor. Glory Hallelujah. In the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?