Thursday, March 10, 2011

 

Do You Want to be Made Whole?

Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish; Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal ~ Thomas More

Scripture:
When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, “Do you want to be made well?” The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me.” Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” John 5:6-8 (New King James Version)

Earlier this week, I talked about being broken and how some of us do not realize that we are. However once we realize that we have something within us that just isn’t right, it begs the question; Do you want to be made whole?

Today I want to talk about the story of the invalid who was lying by the pool at Bethesda. As Jesus approached the sick man, He asked, “Do you want to be made well?” Jesus asked the question to determine if the man had given up hope for a miracle or if it was still his desire to be healed. Jesus knew that when some people are sick for a long time, they sometimes become so accustomed to the illness that they may no longer care if they are healed or not.

As I read this story, it prompted me to ask myself, “Do I want to be made well?”

Now you may ask am I sick? No my friends. I am not sick in a physical sense, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have sickness in other areas of my life. I have experienced sickness in my relationships with others, sickness in my finances and even sickness in how I relate to God.

I can relate to that lame man lying by the pool. So close to my miracle or breakthrough for so many years, but not quite able to reach out and touch it. This story made me wonder, “Have I gotten so used to my ailments that I have become accustomed to them, therefore, no longer expecting to be healed?”

Jesus isn’t looking for our excuses. He has already given us the power and the authority to pick up our own beds and walk. So saints of God, stop lying there on your beds of affliction.

Jesus is telling you, PICK UP YOUR BED AND WALK!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, I come before the throne of grace asking that You would forgive me for my unbelief. I have been in the pit of despair for so long that I may have become accustomed to being here. Lord, I don’t want to be here so I ask that You would take my hand and lead me to hallowed ground. Father, my eyes have been opened and now I see. I now ask that You would open my spiritual eyes as well. Help me to move forward with assistance of Your grace and mercy. Thank You Father for new revelations. Thank You Lord, for your Word. I thank You most of all for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, in His name I pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?