Tuesday, March 01, 2011

 

Beat Up and Blessed In the Same Day

Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel. ~ Unknown

Scripture:
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:30-31 (New International Version)

This week has been one of those weeks. You know the kind I’m speaking of. The kind of week when nothing seems to be going right and it seems as if you are being hit with everything in sight, including the kitchen sink. It seems as though everything that I touch lately, falls apart.

It seems as if I am at odds with everyone, including my loved ones. It’s as if they are purposely trying to get on my nerves and under my skin. I am having trouble focusing on the postive because of all the negatives swirling around. Enough! I just want to jump in the tub and say; Calgon, take me away.

Then three very important things manifested in my life before I sat down to write this message. The first one was an email that was titled, when the day is rough and it contained a link to a Kim Burrell video entitled; “The Lord will Make a Way somehow. The second item was the above quote which simply said’ Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.” Finally, I had a conversation with a very good friend who also happens to be a minister. He has somewhat of an idea of the many obstacles that have been put in my way this past month. After I filled him in on my evening phone call, he reminded me of a conversation we had just last week.

“Jackie, you have already said you are on the very edge of a huge breakthrough and as a result, satan IS throwing everything at you, including the kitchen sink. Instead of focusing on those things in your life that are going on right now, focus on the blessings and the doors of opportunity that God has opened up for you. You have told me about so many great things that are already taking place in your life as well as some major opportunities that God has already been working out on your behalf. So even in the midst of your failures and fights, he continues to bless you and you are allowing satan to block your view."

I was humbled and convicted because instead of looking at my blessings, I was complaining about my failures. So saints of God I just want to remind you, instead of feeling sorry about the things that are going wrong in your life, remember all of the things that are going right.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, I once was blind but now I see. We come before You as the blind did in days of old. Asking Lord, that You would restore our sight. Help us Lord to find the path that You have chosen for us. Help us Lord, to develop greater faith. Help us Lord, to see the world through the eyes of Jesus. Father, we come surrendering our lives to You. Help us to learn to lean on You. Help us Lord to learn that its not always, about what we see but truly, about what You are teaching us. Teach us Lord to lean upon You; to depend upon You and not the things of this world. Lord, help us to realize that our circumstances do not define us, You do. You have already told us that You would never leave us nor forsake us. Bless us Lord. Keep us Lord. Restore our sight once again. So that we may lift our eyes towards heaven and see Your divine vision for us. Father, we come praising and uplifting Your name once again. As we ask and pray this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?