Tuesday, February 22, 2011

 

Are You Afraid?

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. ~ Louisa May Alcott

Scripture:
For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. Isaiah 41:13

Saints, Are you afraid of anything? Are you afraid that you won't be able to do something, pay something, get something, overcome something? Have you seen something on television that has you scared? Do you know someone who has been robbed, hurt, faced with and unexpected tragedy and you are afraid that it might happen to you too?

Are you afraid to go after your dream? Declare your independence, leave that abusive relationship, or seek the job or career that you really want? Do you even realize that fear may be keeping you from receiving your blessing?

When we fear the unknown, we are saying to God, we don't trust him. When we become immobilized by fear, we are saying to God, we don't believe in His word. When we don't step out on faith, we are saying to God, “I don't believe who You are and in the promises that have been given to me by the sacrificing of your son, Jesus Christ.”

Learn to overcome your fears, replace your fears with faith. Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and He will move you from fear to faith.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Jesus, You know how scared I am sometimes, even when I hide it from those around me. Please take my fears, Lord. Sometimes they're all I have to give You. Teach me Lord to learn to walk by faith. Replace my insecurities with Your strength. Replace my doubts with Your word. Empower me Lord, through the power and the light of the Holy Spirit. Lord, take my hand and walk with me today. Teach me Lord, to speak to those storms in life that seem to throw me off course. When my fears would begin to overcome me, may Your spirit and Your light shine down on me so that I would learn to walk in Your word and into my blessing. Thank You Father for the comforter that is with me always. The power that comes from the Holy Spirit. Now Lord, I ask Your blessings for my brothers and sisters in Christ who stand in the gap with me for one another. Bless them Lord. Grant them new fresh grace and mercy today. We love You Lord. We praise Your Holy Name. We thank You Lord, who sits on high and looks low and blesses us, despite us. Thank You Jesus, in whose name we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?