Sunday, November 21, 2010

 

When Hope Touches Your Hand

We must accept finite disappointment but we must never lose infinite hope.

Scripture:
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
MY SOUL IS DOWNCAST WITHIN ME; THEREFORE I WILL REMEMBER YOU FROM THE LAND OF THE JORDAN, THE HEIGHTS OF HERMON—FROM MOUNT MIZAR. PSALM 42:5-6 (NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION)

2010 has been a year full of disappointments for me and so many others around me. Plans that were put into motion in years past did not come to fruition or bear the fruits I had hoped for. Instead, I often find myself standing before closed doors. Now some of these doors I closed myself while others were closed in my face; causing me heartbreak. You see, friends whom I had always counted on being there for me suddenly disappeared leaving a gaping hole were loved and trust once resided.

On a recent trip out of state, I was reminded once again of what I had lost. I wanted to call one of these friends to say hello, but was sadly cognizant of the fact that the dynamics of what we once shared stood behind one of these closed doors. I went to bed that night with despair and a sense of hopelessness covering me and weighing me down like a wet blanket.

As I lay there caught between the world of sleep and lucidness, I felt the tiniest touch of a finger to my hand, startling me awake. As I abruptly sat up in bed, I realized that I alone occupied the room. Suddenly, a still small voice from within whispered “God never closes one door without opening a window.”

So often when we feel overwhelmed by how things are not going as planned, we have a tendency to want to give up on our dreams and goals and yes, they may even cause us to temporarily lose hope.

No matter how dismal things may sometimes seem, we must always be mindful to put our hope in God.

Prayer:
Lord, we come to You seeking strength, guidance and a little more patience. Father, forgive us when we feel weak in our faith. Forgive us when we seem to give up and give out. Lord, we know that You are not a God of confusion. You have told us that You would never leave us nor forsake us. Thank You Lord for that word. Father, hide us under Your wings of salvation. Cover us in the blood. Keep us nearer God to thee. Lord, we ask that You would continue to bless our brothers and sisters. Those who are saved and those who have yet to get to know You for themselves. Lord, we pray for financial breakthroughs today. So many need so much, have mercy Lord. Breath on us Lord, cover us Lord, Have mercy on us Lord. We love You Father God and we are thankful for what we do have. We praise, uplift and bless Your holy name. As we submit our prayers and petitions in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?