Monday, October 11, 2010

 

Playing the Cards I've Been Dealt

Remember, It is not the cards you are dealt but what you do with them that counts. ~ Anonymous

Scripture:
Three times I begged the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." So I am very happy to brag about how weak I am. Then Christ's power can rest on me. 2 Corinthian 12:8-9

Every now and then we will be faced with severe adversities in our lifetimes and will ask the question; why me? We feel as though we are being punished for something that we may have done wrong. At times, our suffering may seem more than we can bear.

What I have learned is this; trials and tribulations will come against you through no fault of your own. How you deal with these adversities is the true measure of your character. More times than not, we have no control over what we are going through. However, we can control how we respond.

If you have lost your job, your house or your car, know that God is still on your side. If the bill collectors are ringing your phone of the hook, don’t despair. God can make a way out of know way. Maybe the man or woman that you loved is gone. Know that God sometimes needs for us to be alone so that we can develop a relationship with Him first.

Whatever your situation may be, know that God has already said, He would never leave you nor forsake you. He can provide all of your needs. He is Your mother and your father. He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

No matter what cards life deals you; God is still in control.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
God, sometimes the burdens of life tend to get me down. I suffer in the late night hours, crying tears of anguish, beseeching you to take away my burdens. I sometimes forget that even when I had no job, you still provided. I sometimes pray for a mate, not realizing that I must first develop a relationship with you. I want more for my family and don’t realize that we have more than most. Forgive me Lord, for my selfish spirit. Father, I come asking for the patience of Job, the faithfulness of David, and the commitment of Paul. I pray that You would forgive me for feeding my fears instead of my faith. Help me Lord, to be still and listen for Your voice alone. Lord, I ask that You would answer the prayers of my brothers and sisters in Christ. Father, I don’t know all of their needs, but you do. Some have not the strength to endure. Strengthen them Heavenly Father, speak a word into their spirits so that they too would be encouraged. Thank You Father for Your many blessings. Thank You Lord, for the death and resurrection of Your son, Jesus Christ. It is in His name that we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?