Sunday, October 10, 2010

 

Nothing Beats a Failure but a Try

Remember, all you need is deep within you waiting to unfold and reveal itself. All you have to do is be still and take time to seek for what is within, and you will surely find it. ~ -Eileen Caddy

Scripture:
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4 (New International Version)

I often talk to people who want to make a change in their lives but are unable to do so. Frequently, it is fear that keeps them from making that change. Fear of stepping outside of their comfort zone, fear of the unknown and even fear of failure.

I have a very good friend who endured years of physical and mental abuse from her husband for fear of being alone. I have a friend who knows that her husband is cheating on her but is afraid to confront him because she fears that he may leave her for good. I have friends who are wonderful writers but are afraid to share their work for fear of rejection. In each of the above mentioned situations, there is so much to gain if these folks would just let go of their fears.

Even as a Christian, I know people that will not openly talk about God for fear of being labeled a Jesus Freak, or heretic. They strongly believe in the word of God but are afraid to express how they truly feel because of what others might say about them. They won’t even bow their heads when eating in public for fear of being caught in a position of worship.

For years there were many things that I too feared. When I found my marriage disintegrating, I too feared being alone. When my children got in trouble, I feared I was being a bad mother. Even when I started writing, I was afraid that others wouldn’t find any value in what I had to say.

Then one day, I realized that the only person, who was holding me back, was me. You see I had to come to the realization for myself that there are only two beings I truly had to be accountable to and they were God and myself. If I truly believed in my heart all of the things that I had been taught and BELIEVED about the word of God, then I had to overcome my fears and step out on faith.

The word of God had already told me that the Holy Spirit indwelled within me. The word of God had already said, that “I can do all things through Christ Jesus.” The word of God said, “He would never leave me nor forsake me.” So my friends, I challenge you to trust God and know that He can do anything but fail and that means that if You trust Him, so will You.

Be blessed

Prayer:
My Lord, My Father, My Savior, you have the name that is above all names. You are Lord forever and there is no one who can challenge your authority and power. You rule for ever and ever, and there is no end to your Kingdom. We come before your throne of grace, and ask that you would look find favor with us. Your word says that you give strength to the weary, so we ask that you would strengthen us. Bless us Lord with your presence, and encourage our hearts. Help us to remember your faithfulness and your love that we might stand in faith against the issues that face us. We bind the schemes of the enemy to tear us down, and we rebuke the spirits that have been assigned to harass us. We ask you Lord to minister fresh strength and joy to our lives. We agree with your word, that says, your plans for us is to give us hope and a future. Let it be so Jesus, according to Your will. we pray in Your mighty name, Amen!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?