Wednesday, September 29, 2010

 

The Wonderful Gift of Friendship

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. ~ Elizabeth Foley

Scripture:
Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the LORD, saying, 'The LORD is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.' " Then David left, and Jonathan went back to the town. 1 Samuel 20:42 (New International Version)

Recently, I reconnected with an old friend. She and I have been through a lot together as friends and as sisters in Christ. For some reason, we grew apart. The reasons for our lapse in friendship, really don’t matter, what matters is that we have found each other again.

The experience reminds me that during the course of our lives, we will connect with multitude of people whom we will develop friendships with. Some of those friendships will last a short time, while others will endure a lifetime.

Since becoming a Christian I have made some wonderful friends in the Body of Christ. I know that some friendships, will last for only a brief time, while others will endure throughout the years. Some of us with continue to grow in the word with one another, while others will fall off this road we travel together.

I thank God for each and every person that He has brought into my life. Both those who will remain in my life as well as those I may lose along the way. Friends are a precious gift, no matter how long they exist in our lives. I pray that God will continue to bless me with friends in the Body of Christ.

Thank You.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
What a friend we have in Jesus, all my sins and grief to bear. What a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer. You have created us to live in community, O God of love. Bless our friends who provide us with the grace and love of an extended family. Endow them with the riches of Your blessings; good health, sight, and mobility, that they may enjoy the wonders of Your creation and share their delight with others. Bless them with keen minds and compassionate hearts that they may create a better life for all. Guard them from injustice, oppression, and evil that they may know freedom and hope lifelong. In their waking and in their sleeping, in their laughter and in their tears, surround them with Your love until the end of their days; and bring them to eternal life in peace. Through Jesus Christ, our Savior. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?