Sunday, September 19, 2010

 

A Sense of Entitlement

Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder. ~ George Washington

Scripture:
If I fought wild beasts in Ephesus for merely human reasons, what have I gained? If the dead are not raised, "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die. Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame. 1 Corinthians 15:32-34 (New International Version)

A months ago I was hit with a powerful message that I have had a hard time formulating into written form. Over the course of time, I have watched as many great men and great women fall from grace because of some pretty outrageous choices in their careers. I will pick on no one person in particular, but rather use a powerful statement that I heard one of our fallen leaders. “My position took me places my character couldn’t handle.” Pretty deep statement, isn’t it?

Many of us will often confuse what we do and the positions that we hold with who we are. The more we accomplish and the more powerful we become in our positions, will often corrupt the moral people we were meant to be. The more we grow and glow, the more we tend to attract those people and those things that can and will cause us harm.

We must always be mindful that all success isn’t good success. If we cannot see and do things that edify God and others and not just ourselves, we are condemning ourselves to and ending that will be anything but happy.

The word of God tells us to seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. We must always remember to put God first in all that we do and say. By doing so, we remain humble and focused on doing what is right and not succumbing to the tricks of him who seeks to destroy us.

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men. ~ John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Remember, there is only one absolute power and He IS God!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, help me always to remain humble as I learn what I do and who I am is only because of who You are. Lord, when I begin to confuse my blessings and favor, with my works, allow the Holy Spirit that abides within me to be magnified so that I may once again walk in tandem with You. Thank You Lord for favor, grace and humility. As in all things and at all times, we continue to bless Your Holy Name. In the name of Jesus, we submit these prayers. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?