Monday, June 21, 2010

 

A Song of Faith

Remember, A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song. ~ Maya Angelou

Scripture:
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. James 5:13 (New International Version)

I love music. I love gospel music, jazz, beautiful ballads, and sweet love songs. I love music that is upbeat, slow and mellow and music that makes you cry. I love to hear a song that draws you in with its mystical melody and soul stirring lyrics. When it come to music, I am pretty eclectic.

Now, for the real; I can’t sing. I have a voice that makes you cry but not it a good way. But, that’s okay. Unlike some wanna-be American Idols, I know the limitations of my voice. I am a realist and know that singing is not my gift. However, it doesn’t stop me from singing songs of praise!

One of my favorite songs is His Eyes Is on the Sparrow. This particular song speaks so much to my relationship with God. Sparrows are tiny little birds that are generally dull colored--brown, gray, white, or pale yellow--and have cone-shaped bills. Usually, if you don’t hear them singing, you won’t even notice them.

Now personally, I don’t know much about the motivation of the song writer for this particular song, but when I look at it the meaning of the words, I see me. You see, I am small, brown and kinda dull looking. There is nothing about my appearance that makes me stand out. However, because of what I do, write that is, I draw attention to myself. You see, writing for me, is my song. My devotionals are my love songs to God. I sing songs of praise to Him through my written word.

Even though my intent in these messages is to bring a sense of comfort and hope in the words that I write, I don’t have the answers for life’s most difficult problems. My hope is in Christ Jesus.

So you see; I sing because I’m Happy, I sing because I’m free. His Eyes is on the Sparrow; so I know he’s watching me!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come, Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home, When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He: His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me; His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me. Father God, when I hear the words of this song, I am immediately at peace. I thank You Father for giving me that sense of peace through the gift of song. Lord, I thank You for allowing me to come before the throne of grace to sing songs of praise and worship to You. Blessed is Your most Holy Name and I am blessed that I can freely call upon the name of the Lord, whenever I feel the need. Father God, I ask that You would continue to bless those who come seeking a word of encouragement. Touch now Lord Jesus; giving them peace that passes all understanding. Help us always to be mindful of our many blessings. But most of all let us never forget just how blessed we are because of the death and resurrection of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?