Sunday, June 06, 2010

 

Paying it Forward

You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving - and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it - and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in return. ~ Robert Collier

Scripture:
Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the LORD or fully declare his praise? Blessed are they who maintain justice, who constantly do what is right. Psalm 106:2-3 (New International Version)

I like to listen to the radio on my way home from work each day. I am constantly clicking through the channels until I find something to listen to that I like. Although I am not a big fan of Michael Baisden, he does a segment that I have totally fallen in love with, paying it forward. For those of you who don’t know what paying it forward means, the definition is; the act of voluntarily helping another without the expectation of payback.

You see, Michael Baisden will tell you that he is not a Christian and that he has a problem with the whole concept of Christianity. Yet, he has taken this totally Christian principal and built a whole radio segment about it. I love it. But enough about him.

The concept of paying it forward is nothing new. As a matter of fact, it is a concept or principal that each and every one of us should be practicing on a daily basis. Personally, I don’t know when or why most of us got away from it. It is something that I show my sons through my actions every chance I get.

How many of you ever do something totally selfless for a stranger? Opportunities are always there. And I don’t want any excuses. We should take the opportunity to do something for someone OTHER than our families or friends whenever we can. It doesn’t have to be monetary. Although, in this economy even the littlest thing you can do to help someone else can help.

Pay for a stranger’s lunch or medicine. Buy a child a book, the gift of knowledge. Send a soldier a much needed care package. The opportunities to bless others through your actions abound.

Remember, the opportunity to show others the love of Christ through your actions are limitless.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, I declare and stand on Your word that says I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me. I have been commissioned to do great things in the name of the Lord. I claim my gifts today and pledge to use them for the furthering of the kingdom. Lord, I am weak, but You are strong. I can move mountains in your name. Help me to build a mountain of compassion, of friendship and of caring for those who are in need. May I pause today to help someone else besides myself and build roads that lead home to You. Father, help me to discover my inner power so that I can be an angel that helps someone else through this journey called life. May I always remember to share a portion of what has been given to me, even if its just the gift of time. Thank You Father for my blessings. Thank You Lord for Your word that guides me each and every day. I love You Lord, and I submit this prayer in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?