Sunday, June 20, 2010

 

Can You See the Stars?

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Charles A. Beard

Scripture:
You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16 (New King James Version)

Every day, we see or hear of people who inspire us. Our president inspires us because of his humanity. Our teachers inspire us with their wealth of knowledge. Our church leaders inspire us because of their relationship with God. Our parents inspire us, well because they are our parents.

Then there are those whose abilities in their chosen fields inspire us because they have the ability to excel beyond what we can humanly imagine. I am talking about the Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates of the world. These seemingly normal looking human beings have not only excelled, but they have done things that far exceed our expectations. These are our superstars. Did you know that you too can be a superstar? All you have to do is do the very best you are capable of.

Personally, I want to be a superstar for Christ. Now, some of you may ask; what is she talking about? Well, to me being a superstar for Christ simply means that I have my goal securely focused in my path. I want to touch lives for Christ. I want to tell everyone I know about my God. I want people to see how Jesus works in my life and strive to have an ever better relationship with Him then they think is possible.

There are people all around us who stand out for one reason or another. Even during what appears to be turning into one of mankind’s darkest hours. It is at times like these that we must allow the light of Christ that burns deep inside of each and every one of us to emanate from within and light up the darkest corners of our world. Each of us must decide that we too can be superstars and let others know that all we have to do during these dark and trying times is turn to the word of God for a ray of hope.

Each of us must allow our stars to shine and illuminate the world around us.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, though the world all around me is lost in darkness and despair, I will seek out the face of my Savior Jesus Christ and it is at those moments I will realize that He is with me even in my darkest hour. Lord, my heart becomes heavy when I look around and see the despair and hopelessness of a sin sick world. Father God, we need You know more than ever. When I become distraught and fear that I won’t be able to take another step, the Power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within me comforts me and lets me know that this too shall pass. Thank You Lord for Jesus, the Light of the world. Father God as we begin again, I thank You for my second chance. Yes Lord, I messed up but You forgave me. Yes Lord, I said and did some things that were not pleasing to You, but You wiped away my sins with Your Blood. Thank You. Now Lord, we ask that You would continue to guide and direct us and when we fear that we may lose our way in this darkened world, all we have to do is look up. For You are with us always, even until the end of time. Thank You. We submit this prayer in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?