Sunday, May 16, 2010

 
Remember, Glory, built on selfish principles, is shame and guilt. ~ William Cowper

Scripture:
Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves. Each of us is to please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. Romans 15:1-2

How often do you do something for someone else other than yourselves? I mean, do you ever do anything to help someone without expecting anything in return, not even a thank you?

I know that as a parent I often sacrifice things for my children. I will go without, just to make sure that they have. As a sister, I don't question my siblings when they want something. If I see a need, I don't ask, I just do. As a friend, when my phone rings and the voice on the other end says, "Jack I need..., I am there. When someone calls late in the midnight hour and just needs to talk, I listen. If you need one and I got two, it's yours.

As Christians we should have that same giving spirits when it comes to others. Now giving isn't always tangible. What I mean by that is every gift that we give doesn't always have to be something that you feel or touch. Sometimes the gifts of friendship, encouragement, love, respect, understanding, and even the gift of listening is more precious than silver and gold. Sometimes the gift of intercessory prayer is the best gift we could ever give.

I know that as a Christian the best gifts that I have ever received where grace and mercy. The gift of salvation ain't bad either. Let’s not forget the gift of forgiveness. How about the time when we got that gift called deliverance? And how about that time when we backslid and received the gift of reconciliation?

Saints, the list goes on and on. God gave us all power when he gave us his greatest gift, His son. "Jesus Christ". Isn't time you gave something back on his behalf?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father, I just want to thank You Lord for all You have done for me. Thank You for Your grace and mercy. Thank You for deliverance. Thank You for blessing me. Lord, my list of thanks is long and for that, I thank You. Lord, we come asking that something that we may do or say today, would bless someone else. Lord, give us the courage, strength and wisdom to reach out to someone else and help them instead of helping just ourselves. Father, if we have a spirit of selfishness, we ask that You would reveal it to us. If we have a spirit of envy or of covertness, please let us see them. Touch us now Lord Jesus, allowing Your power and Your spirit to be magnified within us. Empower us today Lord, to go forth and do a good work in Your name. Bless us now Father, so that we may be a blessing onto others. Father, we join together to pray for one another. We come together on one accord claiming victory, breakthroughs, deliverance, salvation and what ever else our brothers and sisters may have asked for. Thank You Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We plead the blood of Jesus over everything that You have given us dominion over, as we ask and pray this in His magnificent name. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?