Thursday, May 06, 2010

 

His Grace Is Sufficient!

I do not understand the mystery of grace--only that it meets us where we are, but does not leave us where it found us. ~Anne LaMott

Scripture:
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God Ephesians 2:8

Saints, So many of us often make the mistake of thinking that we are all of that and a bag of chips. For those of you, who may not understand this very popular saying, let me explain.

When we do certain things, obtain certain goals, or purchase our dream house or car, we think that we have done it all by ourselves. Some of us think that it was our intelligence, good looks, attitude, or hard work that got us that position in the church or that promotion on the job. It was going that extra mile that made you look good to your superiors and that’s why you got that raise.

Well my friends, I will not discount how wonderful it is to have all of these things going for you. However, I want you to know, all of these things mean nothing without God's grace.

You see, no matter how smart you are, you still need God to wake you up in the morning. You still need God to give you your right mind. You still need God to provide the opportunities for you to convey your intelligence. And you still need God to help you along the way because we are all human and we will mess up!

“Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I'm found. Was blind but now I see.”

Open your eyes and recognize that you are only who you are, where you are, and have what you have, because of his amazing grace.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
El-Elyon, Most High God , El-Shaddai, Almighty God, El-Olam, Everlasting God, Father, Abba, You who are my everything. Lord, sometimes we get weary and tired. There are days when life seems more than we can bear. There are nights that my pillow is covered in tears and it seems as though no one cares. Father, I have hidden Your word in my heart. I dwell and meditate on Your word night and day. I thank You Lord for Your word that strengthens me. Lord, You have said we can do all things through Christ Jesus. You have told us that You are with us always, even until the end of times. You are in the fiery furnace with, on our ship that is caught in the storm, and in the valley of death. We don't ask that You come into our hearts and lives, only that You magnify Your presence. Touch us today, our minds, our hearts, our spirits, our very souls. Keep us in perfect peace. Strengthen us once again. Father, when I grow weary from the weight of my cross, empower me and order my steps so that I may continue down the path that You have chosen. Thank You Father. Thank You Lord. For the one who first carried my cross, Christ Jesus in whose name we pray. Praise God, Hallelujah, Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?