Sunday, March 21, 2010

 

Setbacks

Anytime you suffer a setback or disappointment, put your head down and plow ahead. ~ Les Brown

Scripture:
Then the LORD replied: Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. "See, he is puffed up; his desires are not upright—but the righteous will live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:2-4 (New International Version)

This new year has been full of setbacks for me. My hours at work have been cut due to the economy. My computer broke down and my youngest son who started out the school year with a bang, was recently suspended. Each incident upset me, but I persevered. I still have some income coming in while I look for another job, I am still able to write using a borrowed computer and I am forcing my son to deal with his failure.

I realize that sometimes setbacks happen as a means of distraction. They sometimes happen to deter you from your goals and plans. What some of you may or may not know is that my second novel is due to be released soon. I have been overwhelmed with trying to finish it and work on promoting both it and my first novel. My writings are very important to me because it is the accumulation of my dream. I have worked very hard to get here and I refuse to be deterred.

You see, often times we may be at the very edge of our breakthroughs and something happens to set us back. We become frustrated and thus lose sight of our goals. We lose the fortitude to push past the setback and that’s when doubts begin to manifest.

However, I see my setbacks for what they are; a trick of the devil to try to prevent me from stepping into my victory. My God has brought me too far for me to give up now.

You see, setbacks are only setups for the real victories!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, I’ve come too far by faith to give up now. Satan has no victory here. I have been given the keys to the kingdom and I unlock the windows of heaven and allow Your blessings to rain down in my life. Lord, I am getting ready for my breakthrough and I know that I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Protect and guide me on this journey. Help each and every one reading this prayer to know those setbacks are just setups for Your power and Your presence to be manifested in our lives. Thank You for our victories. In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?