Wednesday, March 31, 2010

 

If You Praise Him, He will Come

I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed. ~ Unknown.

Scripture:
filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:11 (NIV)

Saints of God, so often when things are going wrong in our lives, we don’t want to praise God. All we want to do is tell God all about our troubles. Our prayers tend to become more selfish and self-centered.

We have no problem asking or telling God what we want. However, too often we fail to give God praise or thanks for the things that are going right in our lives. We forget the most important aspect of prayer, Praise and adoration.

The greatest commandment that was given to man tells us to “love the Lord, thy God will all thy heart and will all thy soul and with all thy mind.” Praise and worship is one way to show God just how much we love Him and what He means to us.

When we learn to praise God in our bad times, we are opening the door so that He can show up. He becomes our light in darkness. He will give us the strength and the comfort that we need to make it through.

Remember, if you praise Him, He will come.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, sometimes I try to pray and the words won't come. I toss and turn and feel nothing. My mind is dry, my heart is dull, and my soul longs for life. Hear my silent cry, my God, hear me. Breathe on us Lord renewing a right spirit within us. Even in our times of sorrow, we praise Your holy name. Lord, open our eyes and give us a discerning spirit, so that we may recognize the tricks of the evil one. Help us Lord to recognize the things and the people who are important in our lives. Not the material things that we tend to scramble after, but the greatest give ever given to us; Your son, Jesus Christ. Praise God! Keep us Lord. Hide us Lord, under the wings of Your salvation. Have mercy Lord, and help us to remember to put on the whole armor of God this and every day. We love You lord, and we praise Your name. In the name of Jesus, we pray, amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?