Thursday, February 25, 2010

 

It Ain't Your Fight

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato

Scripture:
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:11-13

When each of us gets up in the morning, we usually have a certain routine that we follow as we prepare for the day. I for example, get up and head downstairs to turn on my coffee pot. (Got to have my morning java). I then head to the bathroom to do my grooming, grab a cup of coffee, head back upstairs, take my rollers out and get dressed.

Now very seldom does that particular routine change. Being a woman there are certain things that I will put on. I usually have picked out what I am going to wear the night before so I already know what that is as I prepare for my day.

Now you ask, okay, we know that Jackie is a praying sister, so when does she take the time to pray? I pray in my car on my way to work each morning. I pray when I get to my office before I sit down and start my day. I pray before I start writing these messages.

But lately I have found myself forgetting to pray about something that is very important and I realized that maybe, just maybe the enemy realizes it too. As I get dressed each day, I have forgotten to put on my armor.

You see, in the middle ages the soldiers, or knights, as they were called, always prepared themselves for battle. The armor was a way of protecting themselves against attacks from the enemy. As they prepared to go out and fight, they would never ever dream of not putting on certain items. The protective clothing (covering) or armor.

having girded (fortify) your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate (protects your ribcage & heart) of righteousness, and having shod (footwear) your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword (God's weapon of choice) of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints...."

Saints, even though we know that this is a spiritual battle that the Lord will fight for us, we must still be prepared. We must still arm ourselves with our spiritual weapons because we never know when the enemy might attack us. So Saints of God each morning as you prepare for your day, ALWAYS put on the whole armor, not just a piece here and there, but the whole armor of God.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
I will trust in the Lord with all that I am. I will let go and let God be in control this day. I will surrender my all to him alone. Emanuel, Prince of Peace, Lord of Lords. You are known by many names but we know that You are the great I Am. Father God, thank You for keeping us once again. Thank You Lord for watching over us and our loved ones. Thank You Lord for the Blood that was shed so that each of us could enter into Your kingdom. Father God, we come before the throne of grace prepared to stand and fight against he who seeks to steal, kill and destroy us. We stand before You prepared to stand and fight the good fight of faith another day. Lord, we know that our fight is not that of flesh and blood, but a spiritual battle that You fight on our behalf each and everyday. Thank You Father for loving me that much. Lord, we pray Your for Your hedge of protection, we plead the Blood of Jesus, We submit our will to Yours as we let go and let You be in control. Bless You name Lord. Thank You Lord. Hallelujah Lord. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?