Monday, October 19, 2009

 

Trouble Don't Last Always

Remember, God will not permit any troubles to come upon us, unless He has a specific plan by which great blessing can come out of the difficulty. ~ Peter Marshall

Scripture:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

Everyone I know will eventually have to go through some sort of trial or tribulation. These seemingly unexpected events can happen at almost anytime. We work hard at our careers only to be faced with economic downturns. We raise up our children according to the word of God and still, some will falter. We stand before God and pledge eternal love and dedication to our spouses and yet, divorce rates, even among Christian households is on the rise. We ask the question “why me Lord?”

None of us like adversity in our lives. However, sometimes it is necessary for our own good. I personally know first hand how difficult these situations can be. I have lost it all; material things, that is. I have lost a house, a car, a job and almost lost my oldest son to the streets. My marriage is gone and friendships that I thought were “forever” have disintegrated. But the good news is that through it all, God has continued to bless me.

In everything that we go through, know that God has a plan. We may not always see it, but He does. I believe that through my pain, I birthed a greater understanding and application of His Word. I have learned that it is not the material things that matter, but rather the intangible things in our lives that we will come to cherish the most. The things that I appreciate the most, cannot be weighted and judged by what the worlds sees as success, but rather by how I feel about my life at the end of each day.

Know that weeping may endure for a night, but troubles don’t last always.

Be blessed

PRAYER:
Father, I thank You that You have blessed me with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus. Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for the Holy Spirit Who helps me develop and exercise patience, a fruit of the spirit. Lord, we don't know what this day may bring, but what we do know is that You are with us always, even in our times of need. We don't know what lies ahead, but as long as You travel life’s road with us, we will always be able to depend on You to guide and direct us. Lord, satan is still trying to destroy families. He has turned husbands against wives and wives against husbands. He has set children at odds against their parents and against one another. Father, today we ask that You would heal all families. Satan is a liar, and he cannot have our families. In the name of Jesus we bind every trick, every attempt at deception. We rebuke satan and all of his demons, in the name of Jesus. We put on our whole armor of God and pledge to fight the good fight of faith this day and each and everyday. Father, You have told us that no weapon formed against us shall prosper. We come standing on that word today. Lord, we thank You for Your word that brings both peace and comfort. We stand on Your word and on our spiritual blessings that have been given to us through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?