Tuesday, October 27, 2009

 

He Keeps Me

Remember, Faith leads us beyond ourselves. It leads us directly to God. ~ Pope John Paul II

Scripture:
But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast. Hebrews 3:6

Saints, have you ever felt overwhelmed with the things that were going on around you? No matter what you seem to do, things keep going wrong? You were doing what you thought were the right things. You prayed about it. You cried about it. You did the best that you knew to do and still, things continued to fall apart?

I for one can honestly say all of the above are true about me. I try to live right. I try to remain faithful to God. I pray. I tithe, I do on to others, etc. And still........ Just this week, I know that things that I thought I had done right still fell apart. Things that I am trying to do still didn't come together as they should have.

Not long ago, I was having one of those more than I could handle type of days. I tried e-mailing my Pastor, calling my Pastor, and even went to the church to see him and still,....... I left him a note asking him, no telling him to call me, which he did. He told me that he had received my death threat (to him) and thought he’d better call. I explained that I didn't mean for my letter to come across like that, but that I was so stressed out and frustrated that I guess my letter did sound a bit harsh.

It was at that point that I realized that I was not being what God wanted me to be. I was not doing what God wanted me to do. What's that you ask? Faithful and patient. I was not holding on to his unchanging hand. I was not waiting on him, being still, and being of good courage.

Saints of God, no matter what we have planned, no matter what type of time table the world has set, no matter what the bill collectors, the landlord, or anyone else has to say, God still has the last word. Things happen or don't happen for a reason. We can't always see those reasons, but God has a plan and a purpose for many of the things that we go through.

Like the song says, "I almost let go. I was right at the edge of a breakthrough, but couldn't see. The devil really had me, but Jesus came and grabbed me, He kept me, so I wouldn't let go."

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, we come to You seeking strength, guidance and a little more patience. Father, forgive us when we feel weak in our faith. Forgive us when we seem to give up and give out. Lord, we know that You are not a God of confusion. You have told us that You would never leave us nor forsake us. Thank You Lord for that word. Father, hide us under Your wings of salvation. Cover us in the blood. Keep us nearer God to thee. Lord, we ask that You would continue to bless our brothers and sisters. Lord, we pray for financial breakthroughs today. Father, I personally come asking that my brothers and sisters who are at the edge of the breakthroughs would just be patient and hold on. Father we know a change is coming. We know that deliverance is on the way. We know that we can do all things through Christ Jesus, who strengthens us. Praise the name of the Lord everybody. Thank You Father for new revelations every day. Thank You for Your word that touches our hearts and our minds. Bless You name Lord. Father, we thank You for all things and at all times. We praise and uplift Your holy name. We lift Your name on high and sing praises to Your name. Thank You Father. Thank You Lord, Thank You Jesus. Amen

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?