Wednesday, October 14, 2009

 

God Is Not Pleased

Remember, Your future depends on many things, but mostly on you. ~Frank Tyger

Scripture:
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20. (NIV)

Saints, not a day goes by that I don’t hear from someone who is going through a difficult time. Many of them are out of work, involved in difficult relationships, or struggling financially. Some folks are even experiencing all three. We look around and see death and destruction everywhere. It raises the question, why?

I for one seldom watch television or listen to popular radio because of all of the negative messages that we are being bombarded with. However, there is a show produced by HBO, called “The Wire” that caught my attention.

Without getting into a lot of details, it is a continuing series about life in Baltimore Maryland. During the course of the three hours I saw, a corrupt city government, murders being committed, people being robbed, a mother chastising her son for not being diligent in his duties as a drug dealer, a young boy struggling to survive in the midst of a family of drug addicts, homosexuality, and the list goes on.

Now I must state that the problems that I saw are not unique to Baltimore alone, but rather repeated in cities all across this country. Even though I was watching television, I realized that these are very real situations that are being played out on a daily basis.

As I reflect on these things, I came to the conclusion that God is not pleased. He couldn’t be. His children, His beloved have once again turned to the things that are destroying us. We have lost hope and are living lives born out of the desperation just to survive.

Now many of you may ask, “What has that got to do with me? That’s not how I am living. I don’t know anyone like that.” Well saints I ask you, why don’t you?

As Children of God I have to remind you that as Christian Disciples we have been instructed through the “Great Commission” to teach the world what they must know and do to be saved.

Remember, Jesus gave it all, can’t you give just a little bit back?

To Whom must is given, Much is required.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Jesus Wept. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?