Monday, September 14, 2009

 

Distractions

You will encounter many distractions and many temptations to put your goal aside: The security of a job, a wife who wants kids, whatever. But if you hang in there, always following your vision, I have no doubt you will succeed. ~ Larry Flynt

Scripture:
Only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 20:23-24 (New International Version)

As a writer, I am told by people that I meet; they too want to write a book. I always ask them why don’t they? The answers are usually the same myriad of excuses. “I don’t have time, I don’t know how to get started” and so on and so on.

I know about excuses. I make them all the time too. What I have discovered on this journey called life is that most excuses are simply distractions to keep us from reaching our goals. Most excuses are a way to avoid our destinies.

As I read the words of the great Apostle Paul, I discovered that he was a determined man; not given to easily to distractions. You see, he was on a mission. He knew that his destiny would force him to face obstacles, pain and suffering. However, he was a man who was about his business. Paul was a man on a mission who would not be tempted or distracted to complete the journey that had been placed before him.

When we examine our lives, we should look at our journeys, whatever they may be, with the same eyes of Paul. A man who could see the journey, keep his eyes fixed on the course and finish the course. Do not allow distractions to take you away from the road that you want to travel.

So keep your eyes on the prize and finish your race and hear “Well done, good and faithful servant.

Be blessed

Prayer:
Thank You Father for blessing us in spite of us. Thank You Lord for keeping us staid on course. Thank You Lord for remaining faithful to us and watching over us even when we don't realize it. Lord, we ask that You help each and every one of us remain faithful to You. We ask that You would give us eyes to see and ears to hear the deception of he who seeks to destroy us. Lord, we just want to thank You. We ask for the continued healing, deliverance, breakthroughs and blessings for all of our saints who are represented here in the body of Christ. We love and adore You Lord. You are Omni present, on time, all knowing and all seeing. You are Jehovah Jira, Jehovah Nissi Jehovah Shalom. Thank You father for being our banner and remaining faithful to us. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?