Wednesday, August 19, 2009

 

We're A Winner

Remember, “A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.” ~ Larry Bird

Scripture:
He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn. 2 Samuel 22:35-37 (New International Version)

Have I ever mentioned that our God has a sense of humor? I say this because tonight as I was preparing to write this message, I was listening to my mp3 player. Last night I spent some time updating my song list, adding new songs and removing others. So I really had no idea what order my songs were in. Now understand I listen to a very wide variety of music, including Gospel, R&B, old school, and jazz.

As I sat down at my computer to begin writing, an old school song by the Impressions called We’re a Winner, began to play. Some of the lyrics are; We're a winner And never let anybody say Boy, you can't make it 'Cause a feeble mind is in your way No more tears do we cry And we have finally dried our eyes And we're movin' on up (movin' on up) Lawd have mercy We're movin' on up (movin' on up).

The next song up on the play list was, I believe, by Marvin Sapp. Those lyrics say; He shall supply my need, oh/ I believe, I believe, I believe/He shall supply my need, oh/ I believe; I believe just what He said. Bridge 1: By faith I believe it/By faith I receive it/By faith I can have it/By faith I can share it/ I believe just what he said. He worked it out for me/I believe, I believe, I believe/He worked it out for me/I believe, I believe just what He said. Bridge 2: By faith I will know it/By faith I will show it/By faith I will bare it/And now I declare it/ I believe just what he said.

Now if you have ever followed my messages you know that I sometimes have my own personal pity parties. Now I won’t rehash any of my misery but what I will say is after reading today’s quote and scripture and then hearing these two songs, I am convicted.

I am convicted because I sit down each and everyday and write messages that are supposed to encourage others on their Christian walk. But when I find myself wallowing in my own self-pity, I realize that God has already told me that I am a Winner and that if I Believe, by I will know it and now I declare it;

I believe just what He said!

Be Blessed

PRAYER:
Our Father, our God, our Creator. Lord, we come once again, entering into Your courtyard uplifting and exalting the holiest of Names. Jesus, Prince of Peace. Jesus, Wonderful Counselor. Jesus, my strength and my Redeemer. Lord, we lift Your name on high. We start each day singing songs of praise and worshiping You. Lord, as we begin again, we thank You for fresh grace and mercy that comes with the dawning of the day. We thank You for Your hedge of protection that was securely around us and our loved ones. We thank You for the gift of life that we received from the death and resurrection of Your only begotten son, Christ Jesus. Lord, each and every saint that is represented here will be challenged by life this week. We come asking that You would magnify the fruit of the spirit in the lives of each of us. We come asking that Your power and Your presence be magnified in our lives. Lord, help us to be diligent in not only our actions but also in the words that we speak. We speak life into our situations. We speak victory and breakthroughs into our situations. We speak deliverance and freedom from bondages. Walk with us, talk to us Lord, guide us in all we do and say. I love the Lord, for He heard my cry and showed mercy to me and my household. Thank You Lord. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?