Tuesday, June 09, 2009

 

It Ain't Over Yet!

Remember, Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end. ~Unknown

Scripture:
David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished. 1 Chronicles 28:20 (New International Version)

The one constant that I have learned about life is, that there will always be challenges. Whether it be in relationships, on your job, in your ministry and in your home, there will always be something that isn’t going quite the way you may want it to.

As a mother, I often find that both of my sons can be very challenging. Our relationship has gone through some pretty rocky situations. However, I often find that the things that I worry the most about, somehow seem to work themselves out.

As a friend, I sometimes find myself at odds with those whom I love like sisters. We often disagree about things and then will realize that our disagreements are a natural part of the friendship process. We are each our own individual persons with our own individual way of seeing things. It’s only natural that we will not always see things eye to eye.

As a writer, I sometimes suffer from writers block. I sit down to work on something but just can’t seem to get the right words down on paper. And once I do, the daunting tasks of editing, rewriting and getting my work out there, never seems to end.

As a Christian, I have found that the idealistic utopist existence hasn’t quite manifested itself yet. Some days it’s downright hard being a Christian. It seems that everything that I believe in is ridiculed by the world and I often feel that I am on the Roman Road all by myself.

However, in each of the above situations I have come to realize that it ain’t over yet! My sons are still growing into the fine young men that I know they will be someday. Yes, I will lose some friendships along the way but the ones that endure, will be priceless. As a writer, I keep on writing because as long as I can touch someone’s life through the written word, then I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

As a Christian, God never said it would be easy. As a matter of fact, He warned me that if I followed Jesus, that I too would have my own cross to carry. He told me that I would be ridiculed and made to feel like an outsider because in reality, I am. His Kingdom is not of this world. So if my goal is to make it into the kingdom then I must accept that I am not a part of this world either. I am set apart from the world and sometimes I will be made to feel alone because of it.

So my brothers and sisters I remind you; in this life there will always be challenges. But it ain’t over Yet!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Lord, I asked that You would hide Your word in my heart each and everyday. I turn to Your word in times of discouragement. I turn to Your word when I need guidance. I turn to Your word to seek the answers to my questions. Thank You Lord, for Your Word. Father, I come asking that my brothers and sisters in Christ would be encouraged this day. When things come against them, give them power through Your word. You have said in Your word, that we can do all things through Christ Jesus. You would never leave us nor forsake us. You are with us even until the end of time. Your grace and mercy are sufficient. Thank You Father. Now Lord, we ask that You would continue to bless us this day. Heal our afflicted, encourage our down heartened. Trust in the Lord with all Your heart and lean not to Your own understanding. In all Your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct Your paths. And my God shall supply all Your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?