Sunday, April 19, 2009

 

Are You Enjoy?

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today. ~ Dale Carnegie

Scripture:
Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. Psalm 28:6-8

Saints, how many of you are in Joy? Webster’s dictionary defines joy the following way: a state of happiness or felicity; a source or cause of delight; the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires.

So again I ask; how many of you are in joy? Are you in a state of Happiness or delight? Do you feel successful and blessed by good fortune? Does the prospect of possessing what you desire bring a smile to your face?

As I have gotten older and wiser, one of the things that I have learned along the way is that to a great extent, we control our own joy. What I mean by that is that whatever mood we set for ourselves is the mood that we will carry with us that day or during that period of time.

So what if you don't have all that you want. God said he would provide all that you need. So what if your marriage didn't work out. God said he would never leave your nor forsake you. So what if your bills are due and you don't have the money to pay them all.

My God said he shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
The joy of the Lord is my strength. God is the joy and the strength of my life. I count it all joy when trials and tribulation come against me for I know that the testing of my faith produces patience. Father, we come before the throne of grace with great joy in our hearts. The kind of joy that can only come from You. The kind of joy that the world can't take away. Lord, even when my life is full of strife and confusion, I can still find joy in my life because of You. I find joy in the simple things. The dawning of a new day, the sun on my face, the song of the birds who awaken me early in the morning. I found joy this morning as I looked down on the sleeping face of my Young son. I find joy in the memory of loved ones who have gone on to glory to be with You. I find joy in the fact that one day, I shall behold Your glorious face. I find my greatest joy in the revelation of Your great love for me. Thank You Lord for this joy that is deep down in my soul. Thank You Lord, for a second chance to rejoice and be glad today, tomorrow, and forever more. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?