Monday, January 19, 2009

 

Tomorrow We Make History!

Anybody can make history. Only a great man can write it. Oscar Wilde

Scripture:
With beautiful leaves and abundant fruit, providing food for all, giving shelter to the beasts of the field, and having nesting places in its branches for the birds of the air- you, O king, are that tree! You have become great and strong; your greatness has grown until it reaches the sky, and your dominion extends to distant parts of the earth. Daniel 4:21-22 (New International Version)

The book of Daniel is one of my favorite books of the bible. As you study the life of this man, you will find that as a young boy, Daniel made the decision to follow the word of God and because of his decision, he would be faced with many trials and tribulations that would ultimately define him as the great Man of God that he would become. Yes, Daniel made mistakes in his life, just as most men will. But never did he waiver in his commitment and his dedication to follow God.

I believe that because of his humble beginnings AND his commitment to God, he developed an affinity for his people. What I mean by this is that he had compassion and a sense of obligation to those who lived and served under his monarchy. There were many situations where he could have taken the selfish way out and left his people to suffer, but that was not his way. Daniel and his people were ultimately elevated to God’s chosen people.

As I watch history unfolding before my very eyes and on the eve of a very monumental time in history, I liken Barack Obama to a child man who would ultimately become one of the greatest leaders in America. Never in my lifetime would I dare to believe that this could happen, but happen it did.

I strongly believe that one of the reasons that this man who was considered an underdog, is that he has developed an affinity with the people. I believe that he has compassion and a sense of obligation to the people. And yes, he will make some mistakes along the way, just as most men will. But I also believe that he will once again elevate God’s people.

So tomorrow we will all join hands and shout, “YES WE CAN!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Lord, I ask that You would hide Your word in my heart each and everyday. I turn to Your word in times of discouragement. I turn to Your word when I need guidance. I turn to Your word to seek the answers to my questions. Thank You Lord, for Your Word. Father, I come asking that my brothers and sisters in Christ would be encouraged this day. When things come against them, give them power through Your word. You have said in Your word, that we can do all things through Christ Jesus. You would never leave us nor forsake us. You are with us even until the end of time. Your grace and mercy are sufficient. Cover our new leader in the blood of the lamb, protecting him from those who would seek to destroy him and his legacy. Thank You Father. Now Lord, we ask that You would continue to bless us this day. Heal our afflicted, encourage our down heartened. Trust in the Lord with all Your heart and lean not to Your own understanding. In all Your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct Your paths. And my God shall supply all Your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?