Tuesday, January 06, 2009

 

My Inner Light

Remember, People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun's out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is light within. ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Scripture:
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:15-16 (New International Version)

When things in our lives are going along smoothly, it’s very easy for us to put on a happy face. The bills are paid, the children are doing well, and our spouses are everything that we ever dreamed they could be. We smile, are nice to everyone and all is right with the world.

However, when things aren’t going along as planned, it’s much harder for us to put on a happy front. I mean, how can I smile when the bills are due and I don’t have the money to pay them? How can I be happy when my children are being disobedient and unruly? How can I stop the tears from flowing when my relationship is in trouble?

Now I don’t know about you, but rarely is everything in my life going in the same direction at the same time. In other words, I am faced with some sort of adversity almost on a daily basis. When I wake up in the morning, trust me, I can find something to become upset about. I just choose not too.

You see, I realized sometime ago we make choices in this world that will determine our moods and our mindset for the day. If I get up with an attitude instead of gratitude, and say I am going to have a bad day, then I will. Have a bad day that is.

When I awaken with gratitude in my heart, on my mind and on my tongue, even the negative things in my world won’t keep me down. I choose a spirit of happiness each day and live my life accordingly. Some of my friends even jokingly call me their Job because I continue to praise God even in the midst of my storms.

The quote I used for today essentially says that anyone can be pretty and full of life if the right light is shining in their lives, but what happens when the outer light is no longer present?

Do you have the inner light of the Holy Spirit in you that still shines even when the clouds come out?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, in the name of Jesus, we come before the throne of grace, humbling ourselves before You Lord, giving You all honor, praise and glory. Father God, as we find ourselves at the beginning of a new year, we come to give thanks for all that You have done in our lives, but also for the things that You are about to do. Father, Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Your word have I hidden in my heart so that I may not sin against thee. Lord, I come lifting my shield of faith and my sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. I believe that I can do all things through Christ Jesus, who strengthens me. I believe that You are doing a new thing in my life. I believe that my breakthrough, my miracle, my healing is at hand. I believe that I am and can do everything that Your word tells me because You Lord, are God alone and You cannot lie. My shield of faith reminds me that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. My faith and hope comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. Lord, we know and realize that You are still sovereign and that all things work for the good of those who love You and who have been called according to Your purpose. Thank You Lord, for my faith. Thank You Lord, for my blessings. Thank You Lord, for my Redeemer, Christ Jesus, it is in His name we pray. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?