Thursday, January 08, 2009

 

How Long?

Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience. ~ unknown
Scripture:
How long, O LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, "Violence!" but you do not save? Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. Habakkuk 1:2-3

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent. In my distress I called to the LORD ; I cried to my God for help.

God Said, "My Grace is Sufficient".

But Father; Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD , do not delay.

God said, "My Mercy is Everlasting".

But Lord, I'm Begging, Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place. "Do not close your ears to my cry for relief." Deliver me from my enemies, O God; protect me from those who rise up against me.

I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Lord, I cannot endure any longer. Life is too hard, my trials and tribulations are too great. My suffering is overwhelming.

He said "I will refine you like silver and test you like gold. You will call on my name and I will answer you; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.' "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."Praise be to the LORD , for he has heard my cry for mercy. God, who helps me, who blesses me with blessings of the heavens above, blessings of the deep that lies below. is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Great is thy Faithfulness, O'Lord. Thank You Father for trials and tribulations. Thank You Lord, for comforting me when the tears begin to flow. Thank You Lord, for blessing me and keeping me. Lord, we ask that You would continue to hide us under the wings of Your salvation. When we falter, catch us. When we want to give up, don't let go. Thank You Father for Your faithfulness. We love You. We praise You. We exalt and uplift Your name. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?