Sunday, January 11, 2009

 

Fight Back!

Don’t focus on what you’re going through; focus on where you’re going to! ~ Unknown

Scripture:
For the Lord your God will go with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you. Deuteronomy 20:4

This morning as I sat church listening to my Pastor speak a word, I was moved by what he had to say. He told the story of how King David had returned from battle and found that his home had been conquered, burnt to the ground and his wives and children taken into captivity. Those who had gone into battle with him were angry with King David because they felt that if they had not been away in battle with him, they would have been at home to protect their own families. David began to experience a spirit of defeat.

At first he got angry and just wanted to give up. But then he went to God and asked if he should go after what had been taken from him and get it back. God’s answer was yes; he would overtake them and get back all that was his.

Just like King David many of us will return home and find that the enemy has taken or destroyed all that we have. It could be in the form of a devastating financial lost, the breakup of our marriages, or even the loss of our relationship with God himself. It is at these times that the devil will move in for the kill. Remember, his job is to kill, steal, and destroy.

It is at these times that we may experience division with our loved ones, a spirit of defeat, discouragement and distraction from what our God given purpose is. It is at these times when it’s okay to get mad and say “I’m mad and I’m not going to take it anymore.” In other words, there comes a time when it’s necessary to fight back.

There will be times in your live when you feel as though you have no control over your lives and that’s okay because it is at times like these when God can show up and show out. So often we will not be the one who has the last word regarding our situations. However, there is one who does and his name is Jehovah Jirah, my provider. Elohim, God of total power, and finally Jehovah Nissi my banner who goes before me. The key is being able to know when you are weak. It is at those times when God will be your strength.

If we would just learn to let go and let God have his way.

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, I come kneeling at the throne of grace humbly asking that You would hear my prayer. Lord, I realize that there are times in my life when I wanted to do things my way and because of my stiff neck, I failed to surrender my will to Yours and I stumbled and faltered. Lord, I come before the altar of sacrificing admitting that I have not always done things Your way and because of that, I have lost my way and all that You have given to me. Lord, I ask that You would be my strength and my banner, leading me into battle to take back all that the devil has tried to steal from me. You are my strength and my stronghold. I surrender my will to Yours as I let go all of my problems and surrender them to you. For I am weak and I need Your strength to regain my rightful place in the kingdom. Lord, I thank You for my blessings and my breakthroughs. I thank You for not only what You have done but also what You are about to do in my life. I bless Your name Father as I give thanks for the one who intercedes on my behalf, Christ Jesus. It is in His name that I submit this prayer. Amen.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?