Monday, November 03, 2008

 

Why Ya Playin?

God doesn't call us to be successful. He calls us to be faithful. ~ Unknown

Scripture:
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. John 10:9-11

As I sat in church a few Sundays ago, listening to my Pastor talk about the promises of God, it caused me to think about what I wasn't doing for God in return for what he has done for me. You see, unlike God we are not forever faithful.

Now many of probably believe that you are being faithful, all the time. But if you take a really hard look at your life, like me, you will realize that there are probably some things in you life that God may not be pleased with. I won't go into detail about what my sins are, but I had to stop and say; My God, what am I doing!

You see, I realized that my sins were not big sins like, killing someone, robbing someone, or something that would cause harm to someone else. But I realized that my sins are enough to displease God and keep me from being Christ like. I realized that I was not truly doing what I was supposed to be doing. I realized that I was not living in appreciation for what Jesus had done for me on the Cross at Calvary.

So today I ask you, Why Ya Playin? Why Ya Playin at being more Christlike?

Why Ya Playin with God?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Lord, we come before the throne of grace to ask that You would forgive us Lord. Father, forgive us for not being as faithful to You as You are to us. Forgive us Lord, for not seeing our sins for what they truly are. Father, Search us Lord, cleans us Lord, convict us Lord. Help us Father to recognize the lies of satan. Father God, Your word tells us we are to not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Lord, help us to stop accepting everything that the world has to offer, but rather to seek Your kingdom first. We ask Lord, that You would give us a discerning spirit so that we can see sin for what it truly is; the lies of the evil one who seeks to destroy us. Father, we ask that You would continue to bless those saints who have come asking for intercessory prayer. Bless each and every saint reading this prayer right now, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?