Wednesday, November 12, 2008

 

That's Love

Remember, the ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well. ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Scripture:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Saints, recently a friend and I were talking about the first time we fell in love. We reminisced about how there was no other feeling like it. You couldn't stop thinking about the person you were in love with and you only wanted to be with that one person and no one else.

You trusted that person completely with everything, including your heart. There was nothing that you wouldn't do for that person. how many of you remember the first time you fell in love? Some of may be lucky enough to still be with your first love, but for those of us who aren't, do you remember what if felt like when you lost that love? If felt like your heart would never stop breaking. There was nothing that you or anyone could do or say to make it better.

That's how much God loves us and more! God loves us so much that he can't stop thinking about us. There is nothing that he won't do for us. He wants us to trust him completely. He wants to be with us all the time. God loves us so much that he gave His one and only son so that we wouldn't leave Him.

It breaks God's heart every time one of His children leaves him. But the difference is there is something that we can do and say to make it better. Father, forgive me. I want to come back home to You.

Daddy is waiting there with open arms and He wants to be our first love all over again. Now that's LOVE!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, I know that I've done wrong through my thoughts, my actions, and the things that I've said, sometimes by mistake and sometimes on purpose. I have gone my own way and not put You at the center of my life. I am very sorry and ask that You please forgive me. I thank You that I can ask You this because I truly believe that Your Son, Jesus, died in my place and, through Him, I have access to You. Please help me to follow You more closely every day and live a life which gives glory back to You. Forgive us Lord, our sins and transgressions. Thank You Lord for loving us so much. Father, we want You to be our first love. We want You to welcome us with open arms. Father, today we kneel at the foot of the cross where Your son, our Lord and Savior gave His life so that a miserable and unworthy sinner such as me, could once again kneel before the throne of grace. Thank You. Father, let us always remember how much You loved us. I thank You that Your son stood in the gap for me. I thank You that Your son, loved us so much that He was willing to be beaten and was crucified for me. Just for me Lord. Thank You. May Your tears of grace and mercy rain down upon Your saints this and everyday. Thank You Lord. Praise God. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?