Sunday, September 21, 2008

 

Turning Today's Defeat into Tomorrow's Victory

Remember, "Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat." ~ Malcolm Forbes

Scripture:
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:57-58

Saints, are you trying to overcoming a feeling of defeat? Are you constantly working towards a goal but are continuously hindered by roadblocks? I know that on a personal level, I am. There are several goals that I have been working towards for a couple of years now but they never quite seem to be within my reach. I do everything that I think I’m supposed to do. I listen to the advice of others. Do my research, pool my resources and still, I am not there yet.

Just yesterday, I had another major setback and wallowed in self-pity for most of the day. After talking with some friends, I felt a little better but my disappointment was still evident.Well-meaning friends constantly remind me that it’s not my time. Words meant to comfort but sometimes sting. There are times we want something so much and after doing your homework and working towards that goal, you realize that once again, you are faced with defeat. Sometimes the disappointment seems too much to bear.

After reading the above scripture, I am reminded that sometimes we will be defeated. However, victory can and will be mines because a victory fought for in the name of my Personal Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, can and will be won.

I will never be defeated because the battle has already been won, by His Blood, I can and will be Victorious!

Be Blessed

Prayer:
I refuse to be discouraged, To be sad, or to cry; I refuse to be downhearted, and here's the reason why . . . I have a God who's mighty, Who's sovereign and supreme; I have a God who loves me, and I am on His team. He is all wise and powerful, Jesus is His name; Though everything is changeable, My God remains the same. Father God we come thanking You for being the same, yesterday, today, and forever more. Lord, help me to be still and allow You to fight my battles. Forgive me for being weak and allowing the devil a place in my thoughts. I rebuke him, in the name of Jesus! Lord, strengthen me and when I want to become weak, help me to remember that You are strong. I know that there are others among us who too may be plagued with sadness and doubts. Touch them, in the name of Jesus. Jesus, wonderful counselor. Jesus, my physician and my way-maker. Jesus, my personal Lord and Savior. Thank You Jesus for interceding on my behalf. Father God, we release our disappointments of today and embrace our victories and blessings that are on the way. We claim these things, in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?