Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

What If....

Remember, "Work like you don't need money, Love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one's watching." ~ Unknown.

Scriptures:
I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Psalm 146:2 (New International Version)
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; John 11:25 (New International Version)
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. Romans 8:11 (New International Version)

Yesterday, I received two very disturbing phone calls. The first one came early in the morning as I was getting dressed. A very dear friend called to tell me that her father had died suddenly earlier that morning. He succumbed to a massive heart attack.

What made this situation even more shocking was that her mother had just been released from the hospital following surgery for complications resulting from a stroke. We had been diligently praying for her complete recovery and rejoicing that the Lord had delivered her. She had only been home for a day when tragedy struck.

The next call came later that evening. Another dear friend called to give me the results of some additional tests that she had taken. She has cancer. The doctors on her case only give her one year to live. Even though I spoke words of encouragement to her, secretly, my heart was breaking. Now before I go any further, I want to emphatically state that even though her human doctors have spoken these words, Our heavenly Doctor still has the final word. I am claiming complete healing and victory in the name of Jesus for my friend.

I use these two examples to raise a very important question. What if you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do? Would you tell your loved ones just how much they mean to you? Would you celebrate your life, knowing that somewhere down the line you did make a difference? Would you live the REST of your life as though it was a cause to rejoice? Rejoicing in the fact that you had done all that you could to be all that God wanted you to be? Knowing that you were going to meet your Savior?

Right now my heart is heavy because of the love that I have for both of my sisters. However, inwardly I rejoice because I know that both families are deeply rooted in their faith.

Ironically, Eddie, my friend’s father shared something with her just a few weeks ago. He said, “Daughter, I have lived over eighty years. I would like to stay around a few more, but I am not afraid to die. You see, I know my God. Even though I would miss you all, I will rejoice to be at home with the Master.”

So my friends, what if you knew you would die tomorrow? Can you say you will rejoice to be at home with the Master?

Be Blessed

Prayer:
Father God, I come before the throne of grace with a heavy heart. I share the burden of death with those I love. My heart is heavy at their loss, but my spirit is full, knowing that Eddie is home with You. Lord, he has taught us that we do not have to fear death because we know you. So even though weeping may endure for a night, we rejoice in the fact that one day, we too shall be with You. Lord, I ask that you would touch and heal the body of my Sister. Father, I speak healing into her spirit and call on the elders of the church to touch and agree with me on her behalf. Man cannot predict when our time is up, only You can. Father God, may we all learn a lesson in dying. That lesson is to live our lives as though it is a celebration. A celebration of the lives that we have touched and a celebration of You touching our lives. Lord, continue to be with all of Your saints reading this prayer right now. Touch, bless and anoint our earthly fathers and mothers. For they are the conduit of Your word in our lives. We continue to bless and uplift the name of Jesus. It is in His name that we submit this prayer. Glory Hallelujah, Praise God and Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?